Class of 2021 - DE Tywone Malone (NJ) Portal from Ole Miss | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DE Tywone Malone (NJ) Portal from Ole Miss

Offers from Rutgers, Tenn, VT, BC, Nebraska, UVA, UMass, USC, Michigan, Syracuse

Best in NJ and plays for Bergen Catholic. We've had some success there in the past, and Tommy D's old coach is there. Maybe we have a shot? Big offer list, but we need DTs

I also think people need to remember that we shouldn't / don't need to worry about numbers.

Unexpected attrition always occurs. If you have the opportunity to add a talent like this -- by all means, you must do it.

The numbers will work themselves out -- always do. Looking at it as if we "only" have X number of scholarships to fill holes is the wrong perspective.

Yeah, you don't turn this away

As a Prospect​

247SPORTS COMPOSITE®​

• NATL.63History
  • DL11
  • NJ1
  • CLASS2021
  • COMMITTED2/3/2021
  • 8456425.png

OFFERED> TYWONE MALONE IN TRANSFER PORTAL FROM OLE MISS - PLAYED HS BALL AT BERGEN CATHOLIC ORADELL, NJ - WAS A FOUR STAR RECRUIT
6' 4" 300 DL 2022 10 TACKLES 1 SACK
images

OXFORD, Miss. -- Ole Miss Rebels two-sport star Tywone Malone has entered the transfer portal, reports indicated on Wednesday. Max Olson of The Athletic was the first to report the news.

Malone is currently a sophomore at Ole Miss, and he came to Oxford by way of Bergen Catholic School (Oradell, N.J.). He has spent the past two seasons as a part of both the football and baseball teams for the Rebels, making an impact in both sports.

Last season, Malone played in 13 games for Rebels football, totaling 10 tackles and one sack. In 2021, he also tallied a sack and three total tackles.

On the baseball diamond, Malone has not had a consistent role with the reigning national champions, but he has at times served as the team's designated hitter. In 2022, Malone appeared in seven games and hit .444 with two home runs, and so far in 2023, he has appeared in six games and hit a solo home run.

HE WOULD BE A GREAT GET - WE NEED ALL THE 4 STAR OL/DL LINEMEN WE CAN GET

Last edited:
A 300 lb DT who was ranked number 1 in NJ and 60th nationally is someone we should always want. You are correct that it isn’t a position of need for once, nice to be able to say that
I didn't realize what year he was and was just thinking he was a 1 year player or something. My mistake. He has 3 year of eligibility left so yes we should certainly look into this. But it sure is nice not having to say we need another DT for this year.

You try blocking the plate when he tries to score
Funny, but as a former catcher I remember blocking the plate on a guy who was a fullback on the football team. I had the ball in my glove while he was 20 feet up the line - he hit me so hard I landed about 8-10’ behind home plate. So I’m going to give a hard pass on your suggestion.