Class of 2016 - De'Aaron Fox | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 De'Aaron Fox

Francis03

All American
6'2 guard out of Texas. Told tos that he has interest from SU. Currently has offers from Texas, Baylor, SMU, and K-State. He blew up nationally on the scene during the EYBL event last weekend and is considered to be a 5 star player in his class.

6'2 guard out of Texas. Told tos that he has interest from SU. Currently has offers from Texas, Baylor, SMU, and K-State. He blew up nationally on the scene during the EYBL event last weekend and is considered to be a 5 star player in his class.
Love his confidence on the court. Plethora of insane moves, especially around 0:30! Never saw that one before.
Well, he's already got enough height we like at the top of the zone, especially considering he's only 2016. Will be interesting to see who else gets involved down the road time.

Kid looks like a star. Tailor made for SU with the length, and a left to boot. Can't imagine chances are great with him bring from Texas... Lot or real estate between SU and there. Wo was the last kid we got from Texas, Luke Jackson? Actually probably Jeremy McNeill, years ago...

Kid looks like a star. Tailor made for SU with the length, and a left to boot. Can't imagine chances are great with him bring from Texas... Lot or real estate between SU and there. Wo was the last kid we got from Texas, Luke Jackson? Actually probably Jeremy McNeill, years ago...
Wes Johnson if you want to count transfers.

Don't know much about Texas basketball? What level of play do they play at? You figure if they were a hot bed of talent Texas would have more success?

Don't know much about Texas basketball? What level of play do they play at? You figure if they were a hot bed of talent Texas would have more success?

Texas basketball is solid. UT has had no trouble recruiting great players, they just have some trouble with the coaching of those players.

I think it has to do with there not being a historically good basketball school here. Most of the talent is in the greater Dallas or Houston areas, where there are no top level programs to choose from.

That's just an uninformed opinion though.

Texas over the last few years much like in football has indeed become a b-ball hot bed. The Harrison twins, Julius Randle, Isaiah Austin are some of the top 5 talent nationally to come out of there recently with many more quality prospects in 2014-16. Texas has sucked because Barnes has done a poor job locking down his home turf lately. The four names I mentioned didn't even consider Texas when it was all said n done and they don't seem to have generated much interest from the current studs. One more poor season and I can guarantee you that Barnes will be fired.

Texas over the last few years much like in football has indeed become a b-ball hot bed. The Harrison twins, Julius Randle, Isaiah Austin are some of the top 5 talent nationally to come out of there recently with many more quality prospects in 2014-16. Texas has sucked because Barnes has done a poor job locking down his home turf lately. The four names I mentioned didn't even consider Texas when it was all said n done and they don't seem to have generated much interest from the current studs. One more poor season and I can guarantee you that Barnes will be fired.

Thanks...I really like this kid and just didn't want to get too excited because it looked like he was playing some terrible players. So I was trying to get a feel for the competition he will see as the year goes on. From the tape and things I read seems like he would be perfect fit for the Syracuse system.

kid is really impressive. Has a great handle and control. Also love that he is a lefty as we have had a number of successful lefties.

the harrison twins are texas'

Here goes Fox's EYBL numbers from a few weeks ago. Note that this was his first event with the Houston Hoops program that has about 5 other high-major players on it.

7.5ppg, 1.2rpg, 1.2apg, 27% 3pt 3-11 overall, 3-4 FT overall.

For some reason distance matters less for hoops kids than football kids.

ACC basketball is now the sec of football. Kids will leave home to play in it.

Interested to see what Rick Barnes does at Texas recruiting wise. Guy is on the hot seat and needs results pronto (also a bad coach). Perfect recipe for recruiting violations.