Death, taxes and another Duke #1 recruiting class | Syracusefan.com

Death, taxes and another Duke #1 recruiting class

Hurt, No. 10 in ESPN 100, commits to Duke

I, for one, look forward to high school kids going to the NBA. If nothing else it will expose how poor of a game day coach Coach K has turned into. My guess is he won’t have the gaudy records without the elite talent, whereas we know JB can coach without elite talent... but we will find out. We

I would love to get Top 10 talent regularly to see if Boeheim gets “exposed.”

Cameron’s orange.

now that K has all the elite talent they are not nearly the floppers they used to be. don't have to.

Things will basically stay the same. I also cannot wait for the one and done rule to be gone, as it’ll be nice to see kids stay in programs longer than a year. As a fan it’s nice to watch kids develop as players.

But to think the recruiting for Duke is going to come back to the pack, your sadly mistaken. They’ll continually land the best of the “non NBA” talent coming out of high school. He’s still going to be working with the best college bound high school talent.

DeLaurier, Bolden, Baker, Carey, Hurt.

Who's not playing?
Vernon Carey coming in too? Not exactly looking forward to seeing him.

Edit: also saw a video of Vernon's "little bro" kid is like 13 years old 6'7 260lbs reportedly? Wonder what mom's grocery store bill looks like.

I, for one, look forward to high school kids going to the NBA. If nothing else it will expose how poor of a game day coach Coach K has turned into. My guess is he won’t have the gaudy records without the elite talent, whereas we know JB can coach without elite talent... but we will find out. We
If the top high school recruits go straight to the NBA, Duke and Kentucky will get whoever is the cream of the crop of the next best available. They will still have the best talent and advantage over other schools just as they do now. It's all relative.

NBA Draft Room: 2020 NBA Mock Draft

Biggest difference to this year is not one of these guys Is projected as a top 25 pick here. Me thinks the high school scouts rated these guys higher than the NBA scouts. I saw Carey barely played when the USA high school kids scrimmaged the world.

I think when all is said and done Memphis ends up with the best class.

If the top high school recruits go straight to the NBA, Duke and Kentucky will get whoever is the cream of the crop of the next best available. They will still have the best talent and advantage over other schools just as they do now. It's all relative.
Call it wishful thinking on my part, but I'm convinced that dook will regress a bit once the VLF (Vicious Little Ferret) leaves. I really don't think their next coach will be given the same leeway that K gets now. They're not going to fall off the face of the earth and start being the usual #15, but they won't be the automatic pre-season #1. The next coach will have actually have to recruit (and do interviews with the floor reporter).

when that happens K will resort to this

Duke and UK still will most likely get the best players that don’t automatically go to the nba out of high school, but the difference is that there’s a much smaller gap in talent between those players and who we would get, versus the players we get and the zions and Anthony Davis’ of the world. It’s also a better chance that some of those players don’t pan out, and how you coach them is much more important.

Also there’s the fact that if there’s no one and done rule, the talent will eventually start to spread around because since those players are staying at Duke and UK longer than just one year, they can’t just reload every single year, and kids will go to different places that they’re able to play.

I’m all for the one and done rule to be over.

DeLaurier, Bolden, Baker, Carey, Hurt.

Who's not playing?

Hopefully Bolden. Can’t stand that guy. I know he came out as a highly ranked player, but he benefitted more from the talent around him than anything. He couldn’t carry that team. That said, i’d Love to have him for just one season as our center. ;)

They couldn't get to a final four with Zion and Barrett.

Yeah, that's crazy to think about. And they had Cam Reddish, too, who isn't exactly chopped liver.

Do people assume that once high schoolers are allowed to go to the NBA, you won't see freshmen declaring anymore? I agree that the one-and-done rule will take some of the elite talent out of college basketball, but I think there will still be a lot of one-and-done players. It's still generally better to leave for the NBA early rather than later.

It's still generally better to leave for the NBA early rather than later.[/QUOTE]

now you tell me...

tyus-nd.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom