Decade in Review: Analyzing IL's Class of 2011 Recruiting Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Decade in Review: Analyzing IL's Class of 2011 Recruiting Rankings

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

15. Thomas Grimm, Attack/Midfield, Carthage (N.Y.), Syracuse
18. Bobby Wardwell, Goal, Shenendehowa (N.Y.), Syracuse
23. Mike Daniello, Attack, John Jay-Cross River (N.Y.), Johns Hopkins
32. Matt Walters, Midfield, Haverford School (Pa.), Syracuse
38. Brandon Mullins, Defense, Coppell (Texas), Syracuse
48. Kevin Rice, Attack, Skaneateles (N.Y.), Syracuse
52. Ralph D'Agostino, Defense, Immaculata (N.J.), Syracuse
62. Bobby Tait, Defense, Germantown Academy (Pa.), Syracuse
76. Brenny Daly, Midfield, McDonogh (Md.), Syracuse
99. Mike Messina, Midfield, Aquinas Institute (N.Y.), Syracuse

Fun walk down memory lane ... I was a big fan of Matt Walters, not sure why things didn't work out with him - beleive he left after sophomore year but had a big shot and saw lots of man up time. Also disappointed we never got to see Mike Daniello, suffered a head injury the winter before he played for SU which ended his playing career. Interesting to see big name players like Mullins and Rice ranked so low. D'Agostino transferred out and then transferred back in if I remember correctly.

Walters has a big wind up and big shot. I remember him having a pass picked off pretty late in the 2013 semis vs Denver when an offball defender could read what he was doing because of his big wind up.

IL did an article in the recruiting issue about the QB type attackmen in the class. They profiled Grimm instead of Rice. Grimm was a D mid and Rice turned out to be one of the best QB type attackman SU had in a long time.

I was really high in D’Agostino. I don’t know if he was really used effectively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom