Defense | Syracusefan.com

Defense

I think ward goes into funks and forgets what is workin. Had Trill, shy, and Richards getting good reps in First half. All 3 disappeared in 2nd half. Why. He is killing me... ot they all played. WTH is he doing.
42FA3E7E-A3F3-445E-8015-B25DE16BFF86.png

Not to bad considering he only played half the snaps of the other linebackers
No not at all. So much more speed and downhill aggressiveness. They had to be told to play downhill this week correct. Even Guthrie was way more aggressive. The trust should be there by now. Let’s see moving forward.

Was a little disappointed with the number of snaps. Their QB had a decent amount of time, but I thought he got the ball out well, too.

Our defense is going to give up points. It just will. The best we can hope for each game is that every so often they put us in good field position via a couple of big sacks or some turnovers.

Get up 20-7 and the defense gives them a 2 play 75 yard TD drive, smh. It's definitely the QB and the offenses fault though.

Get up 20-7 and the defense gives them a 2 play 75 yard TD drive, smh. It's definitely the QB and the offenses fault though.
Totally on ward after 20-7 score. Trill disappeared as did shy and Richards from the game. Don’t know why. Just don’t think ward is a good DC. Too inconsistent. I thought we played best with rotating people to keep them fresh.

Totally on ward after 20-7 score. Trill disappeared as did shy and Richards from the game. Don’t know why. Just don’t think ward is a good DC. Too inconsistent. I thought we played best with rotating people to keep them fresh.
They weren’t actually rotating. Whit and Guthrie played most of the snaps at mike and Sam. A lot of the second half they were the only 2 backers out there. On plays were certain personnel and certain formations shy would come in as the third backer. I believe Richards wasn’t actually coming in as a backer at all. Maybe a nickel. Armstrong has a few packages he came in for. Unc just kept coming out with the same looks so that’s why they disappeared

The last 3 games they have given up huge momentum changing plays just as soon as the offense, and Dungey, got the advantage on our side.

Ehhh just like my man on the cuse militia podcast stated ( if you guys haven’t started listening to them or Tyler’s podcasts definitely recommend ) if are defense is going to give up points I’d rather see it be 1 or two big explosive plays which gets are offense back on the field quickly. do I want the opposing team to score ... of course not but I’d rather get the offense on the field rather then these long drawn out drives that completely drain are defense.. the offense when run correctly can counter act these big plays .. the d can hold its own but when it comes to that 4th quarter we can’t have are hands on are hips

The last 3 games they have given up huge momentum changing plays just as soon as the offense, and Dungey, got the advantage on our side.
So true

The D kept us in it this game. They made a stop to get the ball back 20-7 and the O did nothing. Then UNC had a great play.

We gave up a couple big plays but we also caused a couple TOs. I would have liked the D to have adjusted better to the bubbles but overall they had a good day.

They weren’t actually rotating. Whit and Guthrie played most of the snaps at mike and Sam. A lot of the second half they were the only 2 backers out there. On plays were certain personnel and certain formations shy would come in as the third backer. I believe Richards wasn’t actually coming in as a backer at all. Maybe a nickel. Armstrong has a few packages he came in for. Unc just kept coming out with the same looks so that’s why they disappeared
That sucks then. They need more packages period.

The D kept us in it this game. They made a stop to get the ball back 20-7 and the O did nothing. Then UNC had a great play.

We gave up a couple big plays but we also caused a couple TOs. I would have liked the D to have adjusted better to the bubbles but overall they had a good day.
I thought they did good in first half. Definatly not in 2nd half.

Yep considering the 8 zillion three and outs we had on offense I think allowing 20 in regulation is pretty good.

They need to sit Cordy and put in a third LB.

He’s a great kid but he’s just not effective on D. I’d rather have a larger body in there to stop the run or make it slightly more difficult to throw over.

They scored 20 in 2nd half just looked at postgame summary. Which is 14 too many since we held them to 7 in first half.

They scored 20 in 2nd half just looked at postgame summary. Which is 14 too many since we held them to 7 in first half.
7 was on the specials giving up a return Td.

They need to sit Cordy and put in a third LB.

He’s a great kid but he’s just not effective on D. I’d rather have a larger body in there to stop the run or make it slightly more difficult to throw over.
I agree 100%. I love Cordy but has he made a play all season. He seems skiddish to me. He time a blitz perfectly but wiffed on a RPO. He didn't hit the QB or RB. I love him but with Scoop and Frederick banged up he either needs to make plays or come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom