Deion Sanders may hold the key … | Syracusefan.com

Deion Sanders may hold the key …

TheOrangeBuddha

Scout Team
Bronco Mendenhall is allegedly very interested in the Colorado Buffs job. It’s been reported that Colorado has offered the job to Deion. If he doesn’t accept and the Buffs turn their attention to Mendenhall, I could see a scenario where Syracuse loses one or both of Anae and/or Beck. This would be a difficult reset for the program.

Bronco Mendenhall is allegedly very interested in the Colorado Buffs job. It’s been reported that Colorado has offered the job to Deion. If he doesn’t accept and the Buffs turn their attention to Mendenhall, I could see a scenario where Syracuse loses one or both of Anae and/or Beck. This would be a difficult reset for the program.
Bronco to the Buffs would make a lot of sense.

I’d bet we would lose Beck. Not sure about Anae. Or perhaps the dream is we promote Beck to OC and lose Anae.

Really don't see either leaving after one year for a rebuild at a Pac 10 school.
A big uncertainty at any Pac 10 school, no TV contract, and who knows whether the conference survives?

Building an offense from scratch in the P12 sounds like a tough task. Lot of unknowns. I'm not sure he jumps at it.

CU isn't an underperforming team/program they are straight terrible. Pretty much all blowouts this year they beat Cal and kept it close at home against Arizona State. Everything else was a 30+ point loss.

It should be an easyish school to recruit to but for whatever reason it isn't.

Th Rockies aren't as high as Deons ego but they are as close on earth as it comes. Sell that to Sanders Buffs.

We could always go for Philip Montgomery as OC. Him and Dino worked together at Baylor for a few years. He was fired from Tulsa and I don’t foresee him getting another HC job right away.
good call, hopefully we won't have to worry about it, but this guy knows offense quite well.

Meh. They’ve had 1 winning season in 16 years. They’ve really only had one great stretch in their modern history, and that was 5-6 years under McCartney. I just don’t think the school takes football that seriously.

All true, but that could make it an attractive job to Bronco. Great place to live, expectations aren't all that high anymore.

They are a case where moving to a geographically displaced conference gave some more money but took away wins.

Prime has to be waiting on FSU right? I know Norvell is having a good season but why would a guy like Prime need a stepping stone gig.

If anything he'll go to Miami/Florida before any of those programs if college football is his home now.

Colorado is not desirable for a coach that just got to a program last year and got to a bowl game.

Meh. They’ve had 1 winning season in 16 years. They’ve really only had one great stretch in their modern history, and that was 5-6 years under McCartney. I just don’t think the school takes football that seriously.
Yeah, I'm stealing a line from Richard Johnson here. What is appealing to the majority of this board about Boulder, CO is unlikely to be appealing to a 17 year old from Texas or California.

Yes, but OP stated that it’s a possibility we lose Anae and or Beck if Mendenhall takes a head job somewhere.
I’m just throwing out an idea if that were to happen. Not to replace our current staff.
Got it. I just don't see us losing both of them, unless there's a major personality clash going on. Otherwise, it'd make sense, as he's in the Briles coaching family.

Prime has to be waiting on FSU right? I know Norvell is having a good season but why would a guy like Prime need a stepping stone gig.

If anything he'll go to Miami/Florida before any of those programs if college football is his home now.
I thought people were talking about Deion going to Ga Tech.

He knows so many people in the area and his second season coaching Jackson State is better than his 11-2 record his first year. Going into their last game Dec. 3 they are 11- 0, 8-0 in conference play and are scheduled to play in Atlanta on Dec. 17 in the SWAC Cricket Celebration Bowl.

In two years, so far, Prime is 22-2 with two bowl games and entertaining any P5 offers.

Edit: here is Sanders overall total at Jackson St.

Year
Team
Overall
Conference
Standing
Bowl/playoffs
STATS#
Coaches°
2020Jackson State4–33–2T–2nd (East)
2021Jackson State11–2[n 1]9–01st (East)L Celebration
22​
19​
2022Jackson State11–08–01st (East)
Jackson State:
26–519–2
Total:
26–5

Last edited:
Are we sure Beck isn't in play for Colorado?

Are we just throwing random things out? Why would he be. Maybe he’s looking at an analyst job on the Alabama sideline. Maybe Dino is being considered as a replacement for Boeheim so he can install orange is the new fast with the BB squad.

I think Auburn would have had more luck with Deion than Hugh Freeze in the SEC again. We all know how that’s going to turn out. Delusional fan base.