Demoralized | Syracusefan.com

Demoralized

Cuse House

All American
This season has destroyed any positive momentum with recruits, the media, and the overall heath of our program (and fan base). I don’t want to be overly dramatic, as I try to look at things as objectively as possible.

I just don’t see how this team makes a bowl or how we are any better next season. This will have a negative impact on recruiting. It has been said that Dino finds “hidden talents” but that’s not resulting in a P5 Oline, or explosive playmakers.

This roster is really weak, there is no other way to put it and we are not killing it in recruiting. This could be a 2-3 bad year stretch.

I am sure this will be scoffed at but I don’t see how this team is any better next season. I did not feel this way until tonight. We are losing to mediocre football teams.

Last thing I’ll say is that changes have to be made with coordinators. The play calling has been downright ridiculous and some of these positions looked like they aren’t coached at all.

Really hope I am wrong about the state of the program moving forward.

This season has destroyed any positive momentum with recruits, the media, and the overall heath of our program (and fan base). I don’t want to be overly dramatic, as I try to look at things as objectively as possible.

I just don’t see how this team makes a bowl or how we are any better next season. This will have a negative impact on recruiting. It has been said that Dino finds “hidden talents” but that’s not resulting in a P5 Oline, or explosive playmakers.

This roster is really weak, there is no other way to put it and we are not killing it in recruiting. This could be a 2-3 bad year stretch.

I am sure this will be scoffed at but I don’t see how this team is any better next season. I did not feel this way until tonight. We are losing to mediocre football teams.

Last thing I’ll say is that changes have to be made with coordinators. The play calling has been downright ridiculous and some of these positions looked like they aren’t coached at all.

Really hope I am wrong about the state of the program moving forward.

Nope we are truly in trouble

The Syracuse University Football Program is indeed in long term trouble. Recruiting has been mediocre at best, player development in some areas along with recruiting has left some position groups bad for several years to come (offensive line). The stubbornness of this staff to continue to play players who are not producing or that continue to make the same mistakes and then complain the following year because they don't have any experience at that position group when in fact, you should have because the guys you had playing weren't getting it done. I have been a big supporter of HCDB since day one. I fully supported him through the first two 4-8 seasons realizing his recruits weren't here yet. Last years 10-3 was magic, but it sure seems like the next several are going to be 3-9/4-8 type seasons and you will have no fan support and a bottom feeder ACC team. Calling out Coach Babers and his staff to prove us all wrong. Come on, make me wrong. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was crazy to think after last week that we wouldn’t win another game.

Now I’m actually wondering if we do. Legitimately would be surprised if we do based on what I’ve seen the last two weeks against peer competition.

There is no fluidity at all and every time we get a first down I’m seemingly caught off guard.

We’ve lost two games by one possession. If it wernt for an atrocious call we would have had a chance to tie the game last night. That’s With arguably the worst OL in the country. Have some perspective. Things aren’t great but it’s also not as bad as some on here would lead you to believe.

NC State and Pitt were both winnable games. Two to three plays that go the other way and we win and are sitting at 5-2. Last night we dropped a TD on the first offensive play, we dropped an easy pick in the third quarter, we missed a FG, penalties, the fumble could have gone our way. Just one of these plays going our way turns this in to a different game. While they are struggling, we aren’t that far off. The difference between winning and losing is thin.

NC State and Pitt were both winnable games. Two to three plays that go the other way and we win and are sitting at 5-2. Last night we dropped a TD on the first offensive play, we dropped an easy pick in the third quarter, we missed a FG, penalties, the fumble could have gone our way. Just one of these plays going our way turns this in to a different game. While they are struggling, we aren’t that far off. The difference between winning and losing is thin.
The same was true last year. We had a veteran team though and didn’t have many injuries. It’s why Vegas had us lower with wins this year. Those things have been shown to be statistically relevant year in and year out.

I respect your optimism but what you have is a defense playing lights out that is almost enough to compensate for an offense that is pretty much a disaster. In aggregate we are almost doing enough every single time but the offense in isolation is a mess and embarrassingly bad

The Syracuse University Football Program is indeed in long term trouble. Recruiting has been mediocre at best, player development in some areas along with recruiting has left some position groups bad for several years to come (offensive line). The stubbornness of this staff to continue to play players who are not producing or that continue to make the same mistakes and then complain the following year because they don't have any experience at that position group when in fact, you should have because the guys you had playing weren't getting it done. I have been a big supporter of HCDB since day one. I fully supported him through the first two 4-8 seasons realizing his recruits weren't here yet. Last years 10-3 was magic, but it sure seems like the next several are going to be 3-9/4-8 type seasons and you will have no fan support and a bottom feeder ACC team. Calling out Coach Babers and his staff to prove us all wrong. Come on, make me wrong. Go Orange!!!!

I know others like to poo poo recruiting ratings at times, but it appears obvious that our relatively low rankings here truly have adverse effects on the field. And, if we haven't seen an uptick in the quality coming off last year's 10 win season as others have mentioned, it's somewhat daunting to think how recruiting may play out this season and next.

System, scheme all you want, but at the end of the day it's football. It's easy to say oh, we are just making mistakes, bad preparation, focus, youth. etc., but it may have more to do with the fact that many of our opponents we play at the P5 level are simply more physically gifted in stature, etc. and a larger reason why (as in the offensive line) look so poor against them.

I know from the game thread last night that many didn't care for the announcers, but IMO, I thought they were accurate in several key areas. Mora was brutally honest...sometimes as they say, "the truth hurts." I think he was dead on when he implied 'everyone' in college football is young, it's amateur level ball where yearly turnover is the norm. For example, when saying how there's a few players on the SU O line that are not so young as claimed and with plenty of game experience, not to mention this is game #7 now. It felt as if he dismissed Dino's argument here as simply a laxy excuse, and, in year 4, he's 100% correct IMO.

As Dino said last night in his post game presser, there's a lot of really good coaches in the ACC. Therefore, if SU's recruiting doesn't measureably step up, I fear the 4-8 type season's, or along those lines, may very well be closer to typical. Time will tell...

We’ve lost two games by one possession. If it wernt for an atrocious call we would have had a chance to tie the game last night. That’s With arguably the worst OL in the country. Have some perspective. Things aren’t great but it’s also not as bad as some on here would lead you to believe.
And yet nobody actually
Thought we would win either did they?

Not to mention that fluke 94 yard pass. And yes, that was extremely fluky.

Hate to say this no one has mentioned it but I heard more than once earlier in the week leading up to Friday that Pitt had four new starters on their offensive line. I don't hear Narduzzi complaining and he is the biggest whiner in college football. Maybe they actually recruited ACC level offensive lineman.

And yet nobody actually

not sure why that was a fluke TD. It was a well thrown ball. was it unlikely given situation? Sure. But Harris was beating his guy a lot. For whatever reason devito rarely throws to him.

And yet nobody actually

the concern is that pitt and nc state are both bad to mediocre football teams. This year is going to be a lost year.

the reality is is that we could be much better next year with better oline and qb play. The one thing about welch is he gets the ball out. Tommy has all the tools but hes holding the ball too long and missing open guys.

the doom and gloom is overstated. But so were the preseason expectations of this team.

Dino has done a poor job coaching. I am not calling for his head but it’s bad that he isn’t coaching Up any talent here. He got his money and laid an egg. He needs to re evaluate the coaching staff, himself etc and stop complaining about attendance. Bees is often mentioning how it’s a big factor for him. I mean attendance is a byproduct of success. We had momentum, fans did their part and bought seasons.

I don’t want to hear excuses. Every team in the ACC is mediocre minus Clemson. It’ll be fascinating who ends up w 7-8 wins this year.

not sure why that was a fluke TD. It was a well thrown ball. was it unlikely given situation? Sure. But Harris was beating his guy a lot. For whatever reason devito rarely throws to him.
Agree , great throw by Welch , his style is to throw it up and let receivers run under it and given our Oline is pretty smart

On third and 9 I believe, a 94 yard td? Yeah that’s fluky.

I’m not discounting that throw because a big play was made and props to both for the connection. But it was a situation that worked out perfectly. Even on that play there was a defender running free right at Welch.

Oline coach has to go. No other players or coaches on Offense can accurately be evaluated behind the worst offensive line I have ever seen at any level of football.
I disagree cause our offense I’ve play calling is terrible with or without a crappy oline. First two series we had 3rd and long with 2 rec to one and 1 on other side and they were blitzing and went 2 receiver side did double outs at different levels and single stayed on outside. We had no one run to middle of field. 2 third downs in a row. He doesn’t put kids in the spots to make plays.

By it's very nature, any play that ranks among the longest in school history is a fluke.

On third and 9 I believe, a 94 yard td? Yeah that’s fluky.

I’m not discounting that throw because a big play was made and props to both for the connection. But it was a situation that worked out perfectly. Even on that play there was a defender running free right at Welch.
Its called "making a play." Doesn't matter if it was 3rd down or not. Receiver had a step and perfectly thrown ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom