Denver Top Chef | Syracusefan.com

Denver Top Chef

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Anyone else watching this? Enjoying it so far. Glad they don't seem to have a chef that everyone hates.

ssbriefcase , you following this season?

Anyone else watching this? Enjoying it so far. Glad they don't seem to have a chef that everyone hates.

ssbriefcase , you following this season?
Just stumbled upon this. Lol. Btw, the @insertusernamehere function definitely doesn't alert me. This is like the 4th one I've found on my own.

How'd this show turn out? I had no idea this was a thing, or what channel it was on? I still have a few friends/old chefs around town from back when I was in the industry. One exec. chef, is one of my main Bronco season tix holder friends, and we often have a few cold ones at the beer stand before heading to our seats. I might have to find the series on the firestick and watch.

Just stumbled upon this. Lol. Btw, the @insertusernamehere function definitely doesn't alert me. This is like the 4th one I've found on my own.

How'd this show turn out? I had no idea this was a thing, or what channel it was on? I still have a few friends/old chefs around town from back when I was in the industry. One exec. chef, is one of my main Bronco season tix holder friends, and we often have a few cold ones at the beer stand before heading to our seats. I might have to find the series on the firestick and watch.
Still going on. Last one I watched they camped out in Estes Park. Late spring and tons of snow still. The food looked amazing.

By the way, check your alert presences to see if that's the reason you aren't getting alerted.

If you hover over your handle on the upper right (next to Inbox and Alerts), choose Alert Preferences in the dropdown. Make sure the "Mentions you in a message" box is checked. If it already is, complain to the management. ;)

If you hover over your handle on the upper right (next to Inbox and Alerts), choose Alert Preferences in the dropdown. Make sure the "Mentions you in a message" box is checked. If it already is, complain to the management. ;)
Yeah I checked all that earlier, and they were all checked. I saw a thread on the support, suggestions, etc. page with the same problem. I did click save changes again just in case that helps, we'll see.

Got it!
excited-baby.gif

:)

went to aspen food & wine last june, and my wife finagled us an invitation to a top chef challenge while there. but we're legally bound not to discuss what we saw & ate until the episode airs.

went to aspen food & wine last june, and my wife finagled us an invitation to a top chef challenge while there. but we're legally bound not to discuss what we saw & ate until the episode airs.
Ere-they are-hay way-hays round-hay ules-ray ike-lay at-they. ;)

Ere-they are-hay way-hays round-hay ules-ray ike-lay at-they. ;)
someone did us a huge favor so i don't want to betray that

i will say that we've watched every season of the show & have become a full blown foodies . . . and just our luck, we finally get into a tasting and its the vegetarian challenge :(

been watching denver . they're really tampering with LCK. good to see marcel again (briefly). don't see any real standouts so far. all seem pretty evenly matched . though after a few hard lessons bear bruce and super mario are emerging as front runners .

super-mario-mustache.jpg

Have they shown the challenge yet?

Getting to the point where really good chefs are going home.

padma is so damn hot! i could almost forgive her for quibbling over 2 grains of salt. did you get a selfie ?

next stop telluride.

Last edited:
So..marathoned the entire season and current now. Funny, I've seen so many cooking shows, but this is my first time ever watching Top Chef. I liked the majority of the chefs. The host, Padma, seems like she's on Xanax or something. Chris is probably the most different chef I've seen on these shows as far as pov/style. I'm rooting for him, very likable.

They must've picked all the rainy, stormy days we've had in CO for the year. Troy Guard, that was on the 1st episode, is one of the top chefs around Colorado. We ate at his steakhouse, Guard and Grace (his daughter's name), which was very good. Better than Shanahan's which is very highly regarded.

Can't wait for the Telluride episode, my favorite place in CO.

So..marathoned the entire season and current now. Funny, I've seen so many cooking shows, but this is my first time ever watching Top Chef. I liked the majority of the chefs. The host, Padma, seems like she's on Xanax or something. Chris is probably the most different chef I've seen on these shows as far as pov/style. I'm rooting for him, very likable.

They must've picked all the rainy, stormy days we've had in CO for the year. Troy Guard, that was on the 1st episode, is one of the top chefs around Colorado. We ate at his steakhouse, Guard and Grace (his daughter's name), which was very good. Better than Shanahan's which is very highly regarded.

Can't wait for the Telluride episode, my favorite place in CO.

Excellent. Need to finish watching the most recent episode as the wife and I passed out trying to catch up last night. Fun night at Foam Brewery - you all should try it some time.

I'm rooting for the Denver girl. She's been the big surprise of the season.

This crew is so much nicer to each other than any other previous season. Lots of love, and tons of good food.

Yeah the Denver girl Carrie, has been a big surprise. The upside down cake in Estes park was genius. The second she decided to do a green chile at the Bronco tailgate, I knew her team would win.
Smart move to incorporate Denver's most popular food item, especially if you sear the pork shoulder right, like she did. Not everyone does that.

She's the executive chef of Bar Dough, about 2 miles from our house. Planning a visit soon.

Yeah the Denver girl Carrie, has been a big surprise. The upside down cake in Estes park was genius. The second she decided to do a green chile at the Bronco tailgate, I knew her team would win.
Smart move to incorporate Denver's most popular food item, especially if you sear the pork shoulder right, like she did. Not everyone does that.

She's the executive chef of Bar Dough, about 2 miles from our house. Planning a visit soon.

I want a review!

well she (carrie) is winning with camp cake, fancy toast and chili. i'm not dropping 50 bucks for any of that. enuf with the cute stuff. show us your chops.

well she (carrie) is winning with camp cake, fancy toast and chili. i'm not dropping 50 bucks for any of that. enuf with the cute stuff. show us your chops.
That camp cake was genius, and if it wasn't, all the other world class chefs wouldn't be that impressed with it. It was the innovation and the taste.

The toast, I'll give you, although when doubted, the judges sided with "fancy" toast, over ANOTHER dumpling by Joe. I will say, you have no clue what green chili is to Denver, and let alone a tailgate. THE main breakfast with anything here, involves green chili. That's deluxe burritos, hand held burritos (green chili inside) and the most popular, or any eggs, restaurants or stands. It's the same level food but way better flavor, than the boring nachos made, and the others.

Who do you think should've won that? It's a tailgate, and the people that attended were Denver locals, no brainer.

toast again carrie ? and she wins ? if you're gonna serve toast as your own feature dish at least bake your own friggin bread !
"well this is french onion soup topping " right. how about making us soup then ? still easy. but that i'd at least get.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom