Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

6'8" 307 Lots of big time offers. (the big time offers) Must be conditional?

@DWard75_
Jim Brown, Ernie Davis "The Express, I wonder if #Cuse got some more great backs in store! #Legendary

Last edited:
I have a great feeling about this. I don't think we would have offered unless we have a great feeling that he will flip. I am betting we have been working this for a while but keeping it on the low because he is committed. Remember we said we won't offer Mister unless we knew he was close to flipping. This could be great news soon

6'8" 307 Lots of big time offers. Must be conditional?

@DWard75_
Jim Brown, Ernie Davis "The Express, I wonder if #Cuse got some more great backs in store! #Legendary

according to Rivalz he has already taken an official to UCLA, and has ones set to USF and Oklahoma

I have a great feeling about this. I don't think we would have offered unless we have a great feeling that he will flip. I am betting we have been working this for a while but keeping it on the low because he is committed. Remember we said we won't offer Mister unless we knew he was close to flipping. This could be great news soon

Maybe some more officials in January...Lamar Dawson is suppose to be taking his 1/31.

With the Dead period starting 12/16 I think we will see a lot of in-home visits over the next two weeks.

LOVE this development. HS teammate of Kendall Moore, maybe that's our ace in the hole.

It's really starting to look like Chicago is for this staff what NYC was for Marrone's staff.

Edit: I might be wrong about him and Moore actually playing together, looks like Ward has moved around and may not have been at Simeon last season. Either way having Moore and Roberts already in the fold can't hurt.

Last edited:
6'8" 307 Lots of big time offers. (the big time offers) Must be conditional?

@DWard75_

His offers, from what I can find, are legit. He was committed to Michigan at one point in time.

Last edited:
Interesting to see Ward attended IMG Academy in Bradenton until last season. Wonder if McDonald had any prior relationships?

We used to winter in Bradenton and I would spend time over at IMG Academy. I mostly watched the tennis academy kids from around the world that attended the Bolletteri Academy; but also in the gym watching the basketball players. They would have a number of D1 kids. One of the instructors mentioned to me that John Wallace trained at the academy during his off season.

nice development. we NEED lineman. if we don't bring any in all these skill players wont mean diddly.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 5h
Oklahoma in home visit Sunday , Syracuse in home visit Tuesday and USF in home visit Monday after next.

Denzel Ward a 3 star offensive linemen out of chicago who committed to purdue just picked up offer from cuse
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1441501/highlights/80916387
It is understandable that Ward and others in this Purdue recruiting class might be looking to get out. Purdue is 1-10 this season. Their only victory was against Indiana State (didn't know they had a football team) and they have lost 9 in a row.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_1h
#Cuse gave BC that work lol , guess who's going bowling.

Retweeted by Aaron Roberts
Pete-Weber.jpg