Depth on Defense Moving Forward | Syracusefan.com

Depth on Defense Moving Forward

OttosDad

2nd String
The depth on the defensive side of the ball next season truly is something I'm not sure I've ever experienced as a fan of this program. The front 6 in our 3-3-5 is scary deep. They are going to be able to rotate 3 solid units of DL and if they want they can easily rotate Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Sparrow, Bailey, Lowery, Sparrow at LB. An absolute log jam at LB.

Pretty crazy to see what has happened on that side of the football since White came in. He and the staff really have done a great job of identifying talent on the defensive side of the ball and going and getting it. Can't say enough about the strides we are seeing out of a guy like Kevin Jobity, who started playing football LAST YEAR and had 4.5 TFL's in the ACC this season. I'm pretty excited, and I gotta admit, a little nervous to see where Long takes this defense. White was really building an insanely good unit IMO.

I don't think we are in as bad of shape at DB either as some do heading into next year. Guys like Rob Hanna are buried on the depth chart currently and are proven commodities that have shown flashes in their careers. If they can somehow return even one of Duce or Ja'Had the defense will be an embarrassment of riches.

A lot of those guys are just too small. Some like Hanna have proven they won’t get bigger either. Hope you’re right though.

The depth on the defensive side of the ball next season truly is something I'm not sure I've ever experienced as a fan of this program. The front 6 in our 3-3-5 is scary deep. They are going to be able to rotate 3 solid units of DL and if they want they can easily rotate Wax, Thompson, McDonald, Sparrow, Bailey, Lowery, Sparrow at LB. An absolute log jam at LB.

Pretty crazy to see what has happened on that side of the football since White came in. He and the staff really have done a great job of identifying talent on the defensive side of the ball and going and getting it. Can't say enough about the strides we are seeing out of a guy like Kevin Jobity, who started playing football LAST YEAR and had 4.5 TFL's in the ACC this season. I'm pretty excited, and I gotta admit, a little nervous to see where Long takes this defense. White was really building an insanely good unit IMO.

I don't think we are in as bad of shape at DB either as some do heading into next year. Guys like Rob Hanna are buried on the depth chart currently and are proven commodities that have shown flashes in their careers. If they can somehow return even one of Duce or Ja'Had the defense will be an embarrassment of riches.
Shhhhh there are still multiple times when kids can still enter the portal.

Also, Sparrow was in street clothes today. I was pretty high on him throughout the year. Add what we saw with Bailey today and Thompson we have a pretty talented group of LB’s that will sneak up on some people. I’m afraid there may be some casualties along the way following the current trend in CFB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom