Depth | Syracusefan.com

Depth

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
You would think ND had the best Oline in the country from reading reactions. It seems we get late in the season and we’re just worn down up front . We have to have better depth on Defense (up front ) The Lockett injury didn’t help.

You would think ND had the best Oline in the country from reading reactions. It seems we get late in the season and we’re just worn down up front . We have to have better depth on Defense (up front ) The Lockett injury didn’t help.
I posted on the recruiting board (but got erased), that success in recruiting this year depends almost entirely on getting DTs off the portal. Failure to do that is failure in recruiting.

I posted on the recruiting board (but got erased), that success in recruiting this year depends almost entirely on getting DTs off the portal. Failure to do that is failure in recruiting.
Regular recruiting,or portal, I don’t care either way. We have to be set up for the long haul. Easier said then done .

I can remember like yesterday Coach Mac saying the hardest thing to find are good defensive linemen. Remembering Schwartzwalder days we always think about the running backs. We forget the number of great linemen, on both sides of the ball, that came through here.

Movimg to the next level is going to require we get bigger guys. Having said that, I'm really proud of how hard our down linemen are playing on both sides of the ball. IMHO, the pass blocking has improved enormously over last year. Our DLs have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

I can remember like yesterday Coach Mac saying the hardest thing to find are good defensive linemen. Remembering Schwartzwalder days we always think about the running backs. We forget the number of great linemen, on both sides of the ball, that came through here.

Movimg to the next level is going to require we get bigger guys. Having said that, I'm really proud of how hard our down linemen are playing on both sides of the ball. IMHO, the pass blocking has improved enormously over last year. Our DLs have nothing to be ashamed of at all.

They did do a very good job yesterday pass blocking. As a team they graded very good with nobody grading less than good.

Ben used to get the farm boys in Pa, NY, and surrounding area's that bailed hay.
Throwing those around related well to being a lineman.

We have younger guys on the D line. Everyone is coming back. We had injuries with starters and guys on the two deep.
Everyone wants 295 6’4 guys that run 4.5 40ies. Unfortunately those guys all go to the same few schools.
The staff tried to bring in some D line help but with past records of 1-10 and 5-7 players did not want to come.
We have been much better. Already made a bowl. Maybe that will translate into some portal players.
The other thing that is really going to help our younger players is the additional 15 practices for making a bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom