Depth | Syracusefan.com

Depth

Shenexon

All American
The 2011-2012 season was a remarkable season for SU in terms of team depth. Oddly, it was the loss of a single player during a season where SU had the most depth in recent memory that led to the end of the season. It's kind of ironic that both of those things are accurate, even if not completely true.

Looking ahead, it seems like we should expect to have as much depth next season, even if Noel chooses Georgetown or Kentucky. We should have about 2 full teams of talented players that could start, though we probably will have a rotation of 8-9 players. I don't recall a better period of recruiting in my lifetime. If Noel wasn't still in contention, we'd still be ecstatic with the talent that will be present in the SU locker-room next fall. I'd name Triche, MCW, Cooney, CJ, JS, Xmas, Grant, DC3, and Keita as players that could start on most Division I teams. Though JB is nearing the end of his career, I'm impressed. The coaches have performed admirably. I'm very optimistic though I'd really like to have Noel here. We should contend next year no matter how that turns out.

I made that point so I can make this point: the depth on this board mirrors the depth on the team. There are a lot of us that are walk-ons that warm the bench, but this board is full of talent with many layers of starters. I don't mean to leave anyone out, but as I say I'm just a walk-on and don't know everyone as well as I should. To quote Bilbo Baggins: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like half of you half as well as you deserve".

However, I'd like to honor Jake, Francis, Bees, Tomcat, BillOrange, CTO, PauliePeppas, CIL, DCcuse, IthacaMatt, Orangeyes, Swish, Student, Edowd, Mantonio, Orangello, Bnoro, Imperial, TexanMark, RF, Frozen, Melo, Pfister, CuseRegular, Seattle, Jurrie, EastCoast, TexasCPA, Skury, Jeremy, Iommi, Upperdeck, Maxwell, Phat, 44Cuse, CherieHoop, Goodroc, BillOrange, KC, JarheadJim, 44Pride, Dash, Qdawgg, Rocco, Houston, PeteCalvin, Jekelish, Upstate, Poppy, OrangePa, Tbone, ScanCuse, Flacuse, Toga, Chip, OrangeXtreme, Ivey, Kueth, Orange&Blue, Corduroy, various Oranges, IthacaBarrel, LongIslandCuse, NO, IthacaBarrel, SWC, Beadle, AZ, Ghost, 690, BlackKnight, BleedsOrange, Michigan Dick, Dnabb, GO, Reddawg, JohnSyracuse, and JohnCuse. My apologies if I missed someone or got your name a bit off, but you people make a difference. You represent the "starters" from the SU fan community and create the basis for this board. For that I thank you. You bring depth to this board providing insight, insider perspective, intellectual understanding, history, and love for Syracuse & SU.

I especially would like to honor Marsh. Whenever I had doubts this season, Marsh was there to remind me of how good the team was performing without a mound of BS. I'd like to buy you a beer when possible. Thank you...

This is a fun board, a knowledgeable board, and also a helpful board. It's a place where passionate SU fans can go to ask questions and receive answers and - for the most part - not be mocked but, rather, enlightened. All my bball buddies now think I'm a genius! Shenexon, thanks for telling me about this great forum.

The 2011-2012 season was a remarkable season for SU in terms of team depth. Oddly, it was the loss of a single player during a season where SU had the most depth in recent memory that led to the end of the season. It's kind of ironic that both of those things are accurate, even if not completely true...
when you say it like that it sounds like the depth didn't help us but in fact even without that player we went to the elite 8 where JB has only been what 5 times?

I made the list! Appreciate the LOTR reference and also a really good post.

NN would be more icing on an already iced caked. We've got talented depth and versatility everywhere on the floor which has been a new thing the last 5 years. We've always had solid guards but seemed thin at the 4 and 5 in many years past. Glad to see we've made progress there and have guys that can play large portions of games and not lose much when they are replaced vs bigs playing just because they are big and the starter needs a breather.

Hop has been doing most of the recruiting for awhile so even when JB calls it quits, recruiting should stay top level. Still, let's be greedy and land NN just because.

Thanks for the shout out!

Think about this, without Noel, Syracuse could still start three McDonald's All-Americans (MCW, Rak, DC2). With Noel, they will still start three, but will have one coming off the bench.

Oh yeah, and there's those Triche and Fair guys too.

Thanks for the shout out!

Think about this, without Noel, Syracuse could still start three McDonald's All-Americans (MCW, Rak, DC2). With Noel, they will still start three, but will have one coming off the bench.

Oh yeah, and there's those Triche and Fair guys too.
Without Noel, SU starts 3 McD AA
With Noel, SU starts 2 McD AA
not bad

Noel isn't a McD AA.

Without Noel
MCW, DC2, Rak = 3 McD AA starters

With Noel
MCW, DC2 OR Rak = 2 McD AA starters

Damn your common sense! I thought NN was a burger boy as well

However, I'd like to honor Jake, Francis, Bees, Tomcat, BillOrange, CTO, PauliePeppas, CIL, DCcuse, IthacaMatt, Orangeyes, Swish, Student, Edowd, Mantonio, Orangello, Bnoro, Imperial, TexanMark, RF, Frozen, Melo, Pfister, CuseRegular, Seattle, Jurrie, EastCoast, TexasCPA, Skury, Jeremy, Iommi, Upperdeck, Maxwell, Phat, 44Cuse, CherieHoop, Goodroc, BillOrange, KC, JarheadJim, 44Pride, Dash, Qdawgg, Rocco, Houston, PeteCalvin, Jekelish, Upstate, Poppy, OrangePa, Tbone, ScanCuse, Flacuse, Toga, Chip, OrangeXtreme, Ivey, Kueth, Orange&Blue, Corduroy, various Oranges, IthacaBarrel, LongIslandCuse, NO, IthacaBarrel, SWC, Beadle, AZ, Ghost, 690, BlackKnight, BleedsOrange, Michigan Dick, Dnabb, GO, Reddawg, JohnSyracuse, and JohnCuse. My apologies if I missed someone or got your name a bit off, but you people make a difference. You represent the "starters" from the SU fan community and create the basis for this board. For that I thank you. You bring depth to this board providing insight, insider perspective, intellectual understanding, history, and love for Syracuse & SU.

I especially would like to honor Marsh. Whenever I had doubts this season, Marsh was there to remind me of how good the team was performing without a mound of BS. I'd like to buy you a beer when possible. Thank you...

Any list that does not contain BRNCUSEFRVCUSE is suspect imo. :confused:

bow to the master

I bow to no man
riddickr1_4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online