Desko | Syracusefan.com

Desko

CuseMan4

Starter
I’ll admit I’m not as big as a lacrosse fan as I am basketball and lacrosse. However I do follow it and watch most games throughout seasons. That being said Syracuse is suppose to be a premier lacrosse program if not THE premier lacrosse program.

We have not won the title in 10 years, we have not been to championship weekend in 5+ years. Yeah that may sound stingy but like I said we are a top 3 program in the country.

That being said I think we need to cut ties with Desko, I think we are falling behind other programs and that’s obvious over the past few years. If we keep this up for another 3-5 years we are going to start losing some prestige and status among the lacrosse ranks. I think it’s time to cut bait before it’s too late and start off fresh and get back to where we are suppose to be because these last 5 years have not been anywhere near Syracuse lacrosse of the past.

But replace Desko with who?
You can’t tell me that there isn’t a better option out there. How can Penn State, freaking Penn State be ranked number 1 and they didn’t even have a program 5 years ago. If we haven’t gotten to championship weekend in 5+ years with our coach at Syracuse and not won a championship since 2009, and play like we have been the last 5 years it’s time to move on.

I’m fairly certain some big name coaches would be interested in the job. You play in a recruiting hotbed, you play in a dome, you are top 2/3 attendance every year, you are a premier program, and you have a ton of tradition/past.

You can’t tell me that there isn’t a better option out there. How can Penn State, freaking Penn State be ranked number 1 and they didn’t even have a program 5 years ago. If we haven’t gotten to championship weekend in 5+ years with our coach at Syracuse and not won a championship since 2009, and play like we have been the last 5 years it’s time to move on.

I’m fairly certain some big name coaches would be interested in the job. You play in a recruiting hotbed, you play in a dome, you are top 2/3 attendance every year, you are a premier program, and you have a ton of tradition/past.
Penn State has been playing D1 lacrosse since 1971, their head coach, Jeff Tambroni was the head coach of the Cornell team that Syracuse beat in the NC game in 2009. Just for reference.

As someone who doesn’t follow lacrosse idk if he needs to go. I do notice that Lacrosse is more equal then in the past. To make the tourney is still a good thing though

Ped State has had a Div I program for decades.

Some of you drive by cheapshot artists need to get your facts straight.

As someone who doesn’t follow lacrosse idk if he needs to go. I do notice that Lacrosse is more equal then in the past. To make the tourney is still a good thing though
Agreed it’s more equal but a solid coach adapts to that. Every sport changes over periods of time and the good coaches are able to adapt. That’s why they are at the top of their game for 20+ years. Don’t get me wrong Desko is a good coach and has had a hell of a career but I think the game is past him now.

We need a coach that is able to adapt to lacrosse as it is today cause it’s not the same but as it was 5+ years ago. Our playing style, player development and recruiting isn’t where it should be or where it has been.

Epic collapse and choke. Time to clean house and change approach. #firedesko. Virginia did it with Stargia a few years ago. Time for Cuse to take same route.
Be careful, the Desko sycophants will be on you in a hurry. Don’t understand why this same overall performance is acceptable year after year. SU does not act like a top 4 program allowing this to go on unchecked. Blow it up...get some new ideas and young energy and enthusiasm in the program.

Ped State has had a Div I program for decades.

Some of you drive by cheapshot artists need to get your facts straight.
Like I said don’t follow lacrosse as closely but I know where the Syracuse program has come from and been and I know what’s going on with most teams around the country. Either way how can Penn State be more relevant than us at lacrosse, has that ever happened? Love how you just come out saying it’s a “cheap shot” point is we need to move on from Desko. And that’s not a cheap shot, that’s pretty obvious bud

Like I said don’t follow lacrosse that closely, either way how can Penn State be more relevant than us at lacrosse, has that ever happened? Love how you just come out saying it’s a “cheap shot” point is we need to move on from Desko. And that’s not a cheap shot, that’s pretty obvious bud

You don’t post on this board frequently or follow the game.

You show up after the season ending loss and spout idiocy to advocate for change.

I’m not against replacing Desko but you sound like a chump.

I agree they would be interested in the position. However, some may be discouraged because of the scrutiny that comes with Syracuse lacrosse. The best option would be a younger risk taking type of person.

It took Tiffany 3 years to rebuilt UVa after Starsia left.

Year #1: 8-7 and no tournament
Year #2: 12-6 and a 1st Round exit.
Year #3: Seeded #3, results TBA.

Personally, I don't think our fanbase will be patient for 3+ years.

You don’t post on this board frequently or follow the game.

You show up after the season ending loss and spout idiocy to advocate for change.

I’m not against replacing Desko but you sound like a chump.
Just because I don’t be follow the game as closely as basketball or football, doesn’t mean I don’t follow the game...I do follow Syracuse lacrosse like I have already said. I don’t post on this board that much because I don’t normally have strong opinions or have much to say about lacrosse like I do basketball or football. I don’t feel like I have to justify my opinion to you and quite frankly nothing I have said is idiotic, yeah I got the penn state info wrong but by everything else I have said has been stated by other posters here too because it’s plain as day. So not sure what you are disagreeing on here if you think Desko should go too, chump?

Its pretty much what we have now. Some sort of change up is needed even if it's just the assistants. Programs at a cross road right now and were struggling to stay in the upper tier.

Personally, I feel if we had held our four goal lead today and lost next week to State Penn or UMBC...the posts would be exactly the same calling for Desko to get fired. Final four or bust for him at this point for our fan base.

Its pretty much what we have now. Some sort of change up is needed even if it's just the assistants. Programs at a cross road right now and were struggling to stay in the upper tier.

This is year #8 for Tambroni at PSU.

If we make a change at HC, we have to stay committed to it. It may get worse before it gets better.

People wanted Dino fired after 2 years. Of course, they wanted GRob fired after 2 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom