Devaughn Cooper | Syracusefan.com

Devaughn Cooper

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
Sorry if this has already been posted but with a reception this year, would he become the first player in CFB history to catch a pass in 7 different/consecutive seasons?

Also, how cool is it that he’s wearing #7 this year? lol

18EF079B-1CB8-4227-BA5F-8760F1011C46.jpeg

Sorry if this has already been posted but with a reception this year, would he become the first player in CFB history to catch a pass in 7 different/consecutive seasons?

Also, how cool is it that he’s wearing #7 this year? lol

View attachment 219291
I wish I remembered the name but there is actually someone going into his 8th year

I remember them saying he somehow got 2 medical redshirts on top of his freshman redshirt and then the free coivd year
Quick Google search reveals East Tennessee St. LB Jared Folks was the 1st ever 8th year-Senior last season & Northern Illinois LB Kyle Pugh is in his 8th year this season.

EDIT: I knew I recognized Pugh’s name. He took an official visit to SU in June of 2014

Last edited:

I hate to disappoint the SWC75 signal, but this is the best I could come up with:

Deonate Cooper is the only player mentioned in those articles who would have been a pass catcher and he only played in four seasons over a 7 year period. He didn't catch passes in 7 different years.

I wonder what classes these guys took.

Last edited:

Also, how cool is it that he’s wearing #7 this year?
This is the type of story that could gain attention throughout the season if he produces.
Re-watching the broadcast & the announcers mentioned that they’re “looking back through the record books” to see if Cooper is the 1st player to catch a pass in 7 different seasons.

BA3AF81A-83F6-4083-A0C9-E33DD96E3DAD.gif