Devendorf leaving for Detroit Mercy | Syracusefan.com

Devendorf leaving for Detroit Mercy

Great player and competitor who genuinely loves the Syracuse program and community.

Congratulations and best of luck, Eric. Hope we see you back in Orange somewhere down the road.

This is personally very sad. I loved the way that Eric grew from, let's face it, a punk ----- into a wonderful, loving father and coach/mentor. I wish him all the best as he returns home to Michigan. But I will seriously miss him.

What a 13 years it's been for him. The Syracuse University experience was a huge positive for him, and it's nice to see him share his perspective. Great career move - if Boeheim's giving it his blessing, you know it's a good opportunity.

I’ve always been a bit conflicted about Devo. I cringed at some of his antics on the court- never been a fan of excessive trash talk and “look at me” bravado.
But damn if this man wasn’t always a warrior. Heart of a lion and never backed down from anyone. He gave the Cuse a “we don’t give a f’k” attitude that resonated among our fan base, yet made us more hated from other fan bases...which just made every win even sweeter.
A fare-thee-well to a true Son of Syracuse. It’s good to see Eric as a mature, sober, family man, instead of the belligerent punk i feared he might become, based on his on-court antics.
Good luck and Godspeed to him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom