DeVito is tough as nails | Syracusefan.com

DeVito is tough as nails

Yes. But if he wasn’t healthy than why is he playing in this football game. It’s all nice but he simply wasn’t good enough.

Say what you want, but this kid is playing with some kind of significant injury, and laying it on the line with these late game runs. Count me in as a big fan of his...

We can tell your a fan by the double 13's.

He's a pretty terrible QB though.
He is? His offensive line might be worse than Cumberland's in 1916. 10 incomplete passes, 300 yards, 7.7 yards per. That's pretty solid considering he had about 1/2 a second per play to make a decision.

Bull. NC state brought 7 on obvious passing downs. That can’t be picked up by a team.

Multiple one on ones and that ball has to be thrown, and it wasn’t at all in the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Tommy got an earful from Babers and finally started to throw it - you either get a catch, PI, incomplete, or a long pick that may be a punt (rarely)...What shouldn’t happen is a freak out sack.

I saw 2 sacks tonight that were clearly on the OL, both were stunts that weren’t picked up. The others were telegraphed blitzes that Tommy didn’t read and held the ball.

If he ever pulled the ball on an inside zone, he’d have run for 30 yards a clip.

I get that he’s hurt and I commend his playing today. He’s a kid, and we must all remember that. But this was not his best showing throwing 3 quarters.

The playcalling wasn't - hey stand there and don't throw to guys...
No it wasnt. But having watched this year, you really think play calling’s been acceptable in the first half or 3/4’s of the games? We play like we have the guns to measure the opponents strength and adjust. We don’t adjust until the games gotten away from us. Thats a bad recipe with a young QB. Tommy’s not without fault but come on, the play calling’s hideous

Bull. NC state brought 7 on obvious passing downs. That can’t be picked up by a team.

Multiple one on ones and that ball has to be thrown, and it wasn’t at all in the first 3 1/2 quarters.

Tommy got an earful from Babers and finally started to throw it - you either get a catch, PI, incomplete, or a long pick that may be a punt (rarely)...What shouldn’t happen is a freak out sack.

I saw 2 sacks tonight that were clearly on the OL, both were stunts that weren’t picked up. The others were telegraphed blitzes that Tommy didn’t read and held the ball.

If he ever pulled the ball on an inside zone, he’d have run for 30 yards a clip.

I get that he’s hurt and I commend his playing today. He’s a kid, and we must all remember that. But this was not his best showing throwing 3 quarters.
I never said he played well. I said he showed great toughness. Great arguments though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom