Diagne | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Diagne

It might not be a stretch but it's incorrect.

Explain. My reading comprehension is just fine and I basically regurgitated the information contained in the referenced article. So the article got the information wrong?

The whole premise that the NCAA is at fault for the delayed visa. The article is very clear as to the delay.

Yes, it says the delay is the result of applying to the JUCO late... which is the result of not knowing he wasn't eligible to play at Syracuse until ridiculously late.

Knowing that the visa process takes about a month from acceptance, it would have been nice if the NCAA could have made a decision in a reasonable timeframe instead of waiting until a week or two before the semester started.

Explain. My reading comprehension is just fine and I basically regurgitated the information contained in the referenced article. So the article got the information wrong?
You seem to skip over the part where the JUCO coach says they could expedite but decided not to. As an aside, don't you find it strange that his coach and host family won't talk to Mike or Donna? I do.

You seem to skip over the part where the JUCO coach says they could expedite but decided not to. As an aside, don't you find it strange that his coach and host family won't talk to Mike or Donna? I do.

They don't mention how much faster the expedited process is. It's not like you can call up the embassy and say, "Hey, we're in a hurry. We're going to stop by later today and have you sign some forms so this kid can get a visa and whatnot. Make sure to clear your afternoon appointments please."

The coach and host family not talking to reporters isn't relevant to the NCAA dicking this kid around. I don't think its weird to not talk to reporters.

Brooky03 said:

Not so much incorrect but incomplete.

They don't mention how much faster the expedited process is. It's not like you can call up the embassy and say, "Hey, we're in a hurry. We're going to stop by later today and have you sign some forms so this kid can get a visa and whatnot. Make sure to clear your afternoon appointments please."

The coach and host family not talking to reporters isn't relevant to the NCAA dicking this kid around. I don't think its weird to not talk to reporters.
They were talking over the summer...

Not so much incorrect but incomplete.

Shouldn't there be someone in the athletic department who's job it is to make sure athletes who are given scholarships actually are qualified and capable. It seems like every other year we have this issue. What the heck? It's just a few phone calls and some follow ups. It's not that hard.

Dave85 said:
Shouldn't there be someone in the athletic department who's job it is to make sure athletes who are given scholarships actually are qualified and capable. It seems like every other year we have this issue. What the heck? It's just a few phone calls and some follow ups. It's not that hard.

Do you know how many athletes in all sports get offered scholarships before they even know if they're qualified?

pfister1 said:
I think just about all of them. Is anyone qualified before they've graduated?

True 'dat.

Who would have thought a backup center would lead to 31 pages of posts.

Like VaBeach said, this just isn't about a backup center, this is about depth at a position where we have the least amount of depth and the biggest question marks. Not ot mention he was going to get 20+ minutes a game this season, just by default alone. Losing Moose is a HUGE blow to this squad.

Who would have thought a backup center would lead to 31 pages of posts.
People like a mystery and they like to tug at loose threads when stuff just doesn't quite add up.

Like VaBeach said, this just isn't about a backup center, this is about depth at a position where we have the least amount of depth and the biggest question marks. Not ot mention he was going to get 20+ minutes a game this season, just by default alone. Losing Moose is a HUGE blow to this squad.

I don't disagree at all.

So according to the Mike Waters article that says Diagne now has his visa, and can start attending his community college. Can someone who knows explain what happened and why Diagne cannot attend Syracuse. He is eligible to attend and play at a two year school but cannot attend a four year NCAA school. I'm calling Bullsh1t on someone. I just don't know who.

my guess we have to many good players they don't want that.
You won't hear much about it in acc and ncaa play they will try to cover it up.

my guess we have to many good players they don't want that.
You won't hear much about it in acc and ncaa play they will try to cover it up.

emeraldcitywanderer-1487482-albums-general-pic98542-tin-foil-hat.jpg

serious question: how come Seton Hall can come up with $$ somehow so that Taurean can attend for "free" for a year until he can get on scholly but we couldn't do the same for Diange so he wouldnt have to go to WKU?

serious question: how come Seton Hall can come up with $$ somehow so that Taurean can attend for "free" for a year until he can get on scholly but we couldn't do the same for Diange so he wouldnt have to go to WKU?
Are they on probation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom