Diamond Ferri makes ESPN top 10 plays | Syracusefan.com

Diamond Ferri makes ESPN top 10 plays

orangedave

Starter
CFL game - makes an interception for Saskatchewan and takes brutal hit on runback.
Taj Smith scores TD on reception for Rough Riders too

They lost me when the score was 29 - 1. 1? Then the guy got push ooot of bounds.

They lost me when the score was 29 - 1. 1? Then the guy got push ooot of bounds.
Edit: the following statement is retracted. <blush>
Re-edit: it is possible, after all. Search for "one point safety" on the Internet for details. Not the way I originally had in mind, but it works. :)

I was just discussing this with my son. It's possible to get 1 in the US version of football as well. It's rare, but possible.

Isn't a safety on a 2 point conversion 1? Feel like this was a trivia question somewhere. Could be way off though.

Isn't a safety on a 2 point conversion 1? Feel like this was a trivia question somewhere. Could be way off though.
You are correct. And... It can go both ways.
quirkyresearch.blogspot.com has an article on it.

It also lists 5 occurrences of it happening. The most recent was this year's Fiesta Bowl:
"Up 31-10 in the 3rd quarter, Oregon's extra point was blocked and picked up by Kansas State on its own 2-yard-line. The Kansas State player then retreated into his own end zone where he was tackled."

For details, search for "one point safety" on the Internet..

Watch it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp4TeP4rw0s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom