Dick Vitale puking | Syracusefan.com

Dick Vitale puking

Rocco

Watching you.
Must've caught the stomach bug. My buddy is the camera guy and he just told me. Not sure if he's announcing, but he is sitting at the booth right now. Yikes.

I assume he hit up Faegans pretty hard last night.

two3zone said:
He ate at Fridays at the mall. No wonder.

He ate at an Italian place last night near a table of some prominent board folks.

cuseguy said:
He ate at an Italian place last night near a table of some prominent board folks.

Afternoon he was at Fridays.

Hope CTO, Bill Orange, and Laurie didn't catch anything. He also was at Destiny taking and posting pictures on his twitter account with fans, and security officers.
I was wondering why he didn't do the interview with JB after the game. He made it through the broadcast though. And named JB his mid season coach of the year.
I actually was impressed with some of the photos he posted yesterday. He seems like a real personable guy.

Kudos to Dickie V. Did the game when he could have DL'd. It's not like he's 20. He could have had a great excuse to take the day off and no one could have complained (well, some on the board would have preferred it I guess).

Honest question - what happens if someone like Dick has to bow out for health reasons at the last minute? Does ESPN have a backup ready to go? Or does Shulman have to make the best of it on his own?

Probably foresaw what was about to happen to his beloved Tobacco Road teams. Getting the news about Duke probably put him over the top.

Seriously, hope he's all right. He may be past his prime, but he has brought an awful lot to the game.

I'm not Vitale fan, but if this is true I give him a lot of credit for his performance today. He was energetic [not easy to do if you are under the weather], and didn't let it show that he was sick.

At halftime, the lead in said we were going to get commentary from Seth Greenberg about what each coach was going to tell their teams at halftime. So we got the Carolina/Roy Williams spiel from Greenberg, but not the Syr/JB psychic recreation.

I was disappointed. :(

At halftime, the lead in said we were going to get commentary from Seth Greenberg about what each coach was going to tell their teams at halftime. So we got the Carolina/Roy Williams spiel from Greenberg, but not the Syr/JB psychic recreation.

I was disappointed. :(

They did the JB one first, then covered some other games, went to commercial, and then came back for the Roy Williams.

Not a Vitale fan but won't wish him any ill will. That's too bad he was sick today, hope he feels better soon and that it wasn't food poisoning.

Taking oodles of pictures and shaking hands with fans during flu season has to be an occupational hazard for someone as fan friendly as Vitale. Sorry to hear he was ill and hoping he recuperates quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom