Dickie V are you kidding me | Syracusefan.com

Dickie V are you kidding me

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
you one eyed blithering idiot.

Are you really defending Rick Pitino? He doesn't have to know that his top assistant coach is acting as a pimp for recruits coming in for recruiting visits to deserve to be run out of town on a pike. There's extra marital sex scandals, payments earmarked to Bruce Bowen, hookers and who knows what else. But that said, the NCAA has made clear that lack of knowledge isn't a defense, you are responsible for knowing everything that goes on in your program.

College athletics; the only job in America where it's considered a legitimate defense that you didn't bother to adequately supervise your direct reports.

That's Awesome Baby!! Time to hang it up buddy!!

Last edited:
I’ve always been indifferent on Dick Vitale, but have, at the minimum, atleast respected him. After tonights game, I’m genuinly appalled at some of the comments he made. To be an apologist and make excuses for the NCAA at a time like this is childish. He was like an ignorant parent defending their criminal child. Thats not your job Dickie. You sound misinformed, biased, and downright stupid.

Really all this does is further confirm the amateur reporters and broadcasters that ESPN endorses. Embarrasing broadcasting from an increasingly embarrasing organization.

My favorite part was how he was reminiscing about Seikaly. Jeez Dukie V we’ve had some fairly decent teams and players since then including the 2003 National Championship and 2 recent Final 4 teams. And no mention of how the NCAA screwed us out of all those wins and how our punishment for improprieties pales in comparison to the alleged offenses of the blue bloods. What a joke.

Wait till he does this once he finds out Dook is one the top cheating schools.
tenor.gif

Really weak attempt to put the blame on the money from the shoe companies. Please. There is no excuse for slimy coaches who will cheat to get top talent.

I’ve always been indifferent on Dick Vitale, but have, at the minimum, atleast respected him. After tonights game, I’m genuinly appalled at some of the comments he made. To be an apologist and make excuses for the NCAA at a time like this is childish. He was like an ignorant parent defending their criminal child. Thats not your job Dickie. You sound misinformed, biased, and downright stupid.

Really all this does is further confirm the amateur reporters and broadcasters that ESPN endorses. Embarrasing broadcasting from an increasingly embarrasing organization.

As someone who has been trying to take it easy on him since he’s old and has had a lot of health problems and has been a great ambassador for college hoops...I was cringing. Can’t believe he did that, honestly.

My favorite part was how he was reminiscing about Seikaly. Jeez Dukie V we’ve had some fairly decent teams and players since then including the 2003 National Championship and 2 recent Final 4 teams. And no mention of how the NCAA screwed us out of all those wins and how our punishment for improprieties pales in comparison to the alleged offenses of the blue bloods. What a joke.

He’s always done that. In that highlight video of the 2000 UConn game that was posted earlier in the week he was talking about how it was reminding him of the 80’s and Sherman and Seikaly, etc. when we were on a run.

Don’t take Dicky too seriously. He’s past his prime but his ambassadorship, to me (who basically grew up with him) offsets his biases. I love his reminisces and know he is a dinosaur but appreciate what he’s meant to the sport and he’s only shown love to JB and the Cuse. He just happens to love Duke more and his many cronies, like Pitino, and can’t be considered totally objective. He did call for Miller to be axed so has some objectivity. He’s no longer THE voice, Bilas is (and many others) so I cut him slack and appreciate him for what he was/is.

A few of his points early on, I found myself agreeing with part of it as he started, and then it would veer into complete denial that was cringeworthy.

Didn’t he say JB was saying the same thing before the game?

Didn’t he say JB was saying the same thing before the game?
JB has previously said it's interesting that the other coaches named were still on the job, but not Rick.

He's in denial big time. He's buddies with all the big name coaches and can't believe they would cheat. He's either too naive or is really the king-pin behind all of this and is going down too.

Someone call m.night shyamalan

Did his four best coaches not include Boeheim, when they showed the winningest coaches, he said one was missing. I’m sure he included, K, Knight, and Smith, who are 1, 3, 4 in wins

JB has previously said it's interesting that the other coaches named were still on the job, but not Rick.

Someone should remind Jim of his friend's other transgressions before he embarrasses himself with his blind loyalty.