Dickie V is a Destiny Mall RIGHT NOW photo | Syracusefan.com

Dickie V is a Destiny Mall RIGHT NOW photo

Alsacs

Living Legend
Good to see he is enjoying the mall.
i_1p0AArZV

http://instagram.com/p/i_1p0AArZV/#

Having had breakfast with Dickie V the man is class 100%. The man does a lot for charity and has not a good heart, but a great heart. The only problem I have with the guy is he can't call a basketball game without hitting the same talking points and coming off as pro-Duke/North Carolina/Kentucky/Coach K/Coach Calipari/ACC. That is my problem, but overall anybody who criticizes Dick Vitale the man has never met the guy. Usually celebrities are jerks and don't like to interact with us common folk, but Dick Vitale is the opposite of that. With that said he isn't going anyway and universally loved by ESPN management and will be covering SU games a lot more frequently now than we are in the ACC.

Having had breakfast with Dickie V the man is class 100%. The man does a lot for charity and has not a good heart, but a great heart. The only problem I have with the guy is he can't call a basketball game without hitting the same talking points and coming off as pro-Duke/North Carolina/Kentucky/Coach K/Coach Calipari/ACC. That is my problem, but overall anybody who criticizes Dick Vitale the man has never met the guy. Usually celebrities are jerks and don't like to interact with us common folk, but Dick Vitale is the opposite of that. With that said he isn't going anyway and universally loved by ESPN management and will be covering SU games a lot more frequently now than we are in the ACC.
Yeah, 100% agree. At one time, I was a hater as I didn't like his alignment with certain teams. But too many good stories about this guy to hate.

Can someone tell me what he meant in that instagram thing in the OP? "Putting my Mid season Dickie V awards Guess COY". Does that mean Guess jeans sponsors a midseason coach of the year and it's JB? Either way, he looked happy even though he was disobeying the placard right next to him.

If I'm ever in need of someone to have my back, I want him in my corner. He is Passionate about his causes. The man can certainly preach, that's for sure. I had chills when I heard him speak live at a Jimmy V dinner. Can he be overbearing? Sure - who among us isn't from time to time (admins here excepted ;)). But you can't fault his drive and commitment to those things he is passionate about. I would love to know how many millions he has raised for cancer research (and other causes).

As a person he's awesome with a capital A. As a color commentator...
That signature is hilarious and worth the like alone. UConn's AD would be so eager to sign any deal that he wouldn't wait for the ink to dry to sign any potential home/home in football/basketball.

Where else would he have gone, not much else to do in this town lol.

Just read the "future HOFer" thread. Interesting contrast.
What I find funny about your sig as well is that Syracuse was able to sign home/homes off the bat with St. John's/Villanova and likely will sign one with Georgetown in the foreseeable future. However, none of the basketball schools signed deals with UConn and apparently the one that tried was Providence, and UConn didn't want to play Providence. It just speaks volumes to them. I find it funny.

SU2NASA said:
Multiple places on Erie Blvd. to see the Syracuse Ballet.

Hahaha. North side too. But when the talent level is so low, it's far from enjoyable.

What I find funny about your sig as well is that Syracuse was able to sign home/homes off the bat with St. John's/Villanova and likely will sign one with Georgetown in the foreseeable future. However, none of the basketball schools signed deals with UConn and apparently the one that tried was Providence, and UConn didn't want to play Providence. It just speaks volumes to them. I find it funny.

It's delusion and lack of self awareness. On several levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom