Did anyone think Ennis would be this good? | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone think Ennis would be this good?

He's nba material IMO, hope we get two more yrs outta him. I had high hopes for him and he has surpassed easily. Such a hi iq, underrated athlete too

I didn't

In terms of lead guard aptitude, yes--100%. Anyone who paid attention to this kid's career / experiential background / watched his HS games could project that he was a special talent and would be a difference maker as soon as he suited up.

But I didn't expect him to be this good defensively.

I did too. Saw him play last year and on TV the past two years. I thought he'd have more growing pains because of the physicality of the college game. I knew he had he talent and smarts.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I liked the way he plays, his composure, shot selection, passing, etc. right from the beginning. I honestly couldn't understand why people on this board were trashing him, or even doubting him, earlier in the season. He'll go down as one of our best point guards ever before he's through on the hill.

I didn't think Ennis would come in and be perhaps a top 3 pg in the country no. So he has far surpassed expectations of pretty much anybody.

I'm in no way trashing him. I thought he'd be one of the best freshman point guards and a solid contributor from the beginning. I've never trashed Ennis period.

I never thought he'd be one of the top point guards in the country this early. This kid is playing incredible. I'm finally looking past Cooney's and Fair's electric scoring and seeing our freshman point guard is absolutely incredible.

We all knew he'd be good. But I highly doubt anyone expected him to be this good.

I think the test here needs to be your first thought after his two turnovers tonight.

If you thought for a second "just a freshman error" I'm going to call you a liar.

If you said "what the heck! You know better!" then you are clearly expecting Ennis to play far better than any kind of Freshman, and quite likely have already started to have your expectations of him drastically changed since day 1.

I'm in no way trashing him. I thought he'd be one of the best freshman point guards
and a solid contributor from the beginning. I've never trashed Ennis period.

I never thought he'd be one of the top point guards in the country this early. This kid is playing incredible. I'm finally looking past Cooney's and Fair's electric scoring and seeing our freshman point guard is absolutely incredible.

Now, if you'd asked the same question about Cooney...

This can be my official eating crow post.

When Ennis committed to SU as a junior in high school I didn't think he had the athleticism to come in as a freshman and give us what we needed. To this day I have no idea what Boeheim saw that made him say "this guy is going to be our point guard from day 1."

Ennis made huge strides between his junior and senior year. He was so unbelievably good as a senior that I started to come around on him, but I didn't fully jump on board until Maui when he dominated high major opponents.

Now, just a few games later, Ennis puts up 17 and 8 against a marquee point guard in Ferrell, and I think he was too conservative and could have scored a lot more.

Ive got no problem admitting I was wrong. Boeheim makes a lot of people look stupid. In this case me, and everybody who votes for the McDonald's All American team.

How many thought Ennis would be this good AND thought Coleman would be this slow developing?

It's easy to just think every recruit will dominate.

Honestly...based on a few games that I saw him play before he got here and reading how positive some of the posters were on this board, I was confident that he was going to be good eventually...didn't expect him to be so all around good this early.

He's more confident in his game earlier than I thought he'd be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom