Did not believe the obvious | Syracusefan.com

Did not believe the obvious

IDOC

Scout Team
Now that I have settled , down Coach Barbers certainly let us know the Liberty game was far from a sure win. Goes to prove he knows more than the average fan.
So his advice. We are where we are until next year.

Now that I have settled , down Coach Barbers certainly let us know the Liberty game was far from a sure win. Goes to prove he knows more than the average fan.
I bought into his next year crap for too long. It’s coach talk for keep paying me to be bad

You couldn't pay me any less than 4 million to be the head coach at Syracuse. Between the weather and lack of beaches... Just a completely undesirable position. /s
How are you a Syracuse fan? Lack of beaches? How about no oceans, the lack of palm trees really makes this place a hole. Tell me how this differs from north western, Minnesota, psu,... minus the taxes New York is a great state to live in. Thankfully the university won’t be paying you 4million, we wouldn’t want to inconvenience from living in this dump

Are we suppose to be okay with being bad 4/5 years. Losing to duke and liberty. Getting blown out by Clemson. Being mocked by the major sports sites

we had our best season in 17 years under Dino. He has won here. How many coaches have you wanted to be fired in your tenure as a Syracuse fan? Every one of them I’m guessing?

How are you a Syracuse fan? Lack of beaches? How about no oceans, the lack of palm trees really makes this place a hole. Tell me how this differs from north western, Minnesota, psu,... minus the taxes New York is a great state to live in. Thankfully the university won’t be paying you 4million, we wouldn’t want to inconvenience from living in this dump
/s = sarcasm

I figured some wouldn't pick up on the sarcasm so I specifically put /s after the comment... Which means sarcasm. People are crazy if you think coaching at Syracuse for 3.5 mil is a crap job that no one would want.

I figured some wouldn't pick up on the sarcasm so I specifically put /s after the comment... Which means sarcasm. People are crazy if you think coaching at Syracuse for 3.5 mil is a crap job that no one would want.
Some of us picked up on that. :rolleyes:

The lack of depth in year five still goes back to recruiting. There are some bright spots on the defense with underclassmen. But it appears the offensive side of recruiting in shambles. A few years ago I never expected this to be the case with Dino selling the Baylor system to to recruits on dome turf. You try to stay positive base on what is In the cupboard. This coach has been given more resources than any other Syracuse coach in recent past. It is just not working right now.

There are a lot of bad high school football coaches that could let you know when they are going to lose a game too...

If you think it is a positive that he knew that he could lose to Liberty, I don't know what to say.

Maybe the issue is ESPN gave him every chance to become a star, he was gifted an ideal college football underdog quarterback, has been given a competitive P5 infrastructure, and he still can't capitalize on it.

If I was running a business to care for your lawn and in year 5 you still had a patchy dirt lot would you keep me around?

If I was fixing your roof and after five years your home was still leaking every spring, except one, would you still hire me?

If I was a restaurant and only gave you a meal you thought that was worth your money once every five times you came, would you keep coming?

If I produced a movie series and only one of the 5 films was any good, would you keep buying tickets to come watch them?

If I was running a business to care for your lawn and in year 5 you still had a patchy dirt lot would you keep me around?

I'd ******* move if I were you.

Or get astroturf.

There are a lot of bad high school football coaches that could let you know when they are going to lose a game too...

If you think it is a positive that he knew that he could lose to Liberty, I don't know what to say.

Maybe the issue is ESPN gave him every chance to become a star, he was gifted an ideal college football underdog quarterback, has been given a competitive P5 infrastructure, and he still can't capitalize on it.

If I was fixing your roof and after five years your home was still leaking every spring, except one, would you still hire me?

If I was a restaurant and only gave you a meal you thought that was worth your money once every five times you came, would you keep coming?

If I produced a movie series and only one of the 5 films was any good, would you keep buying tickets to come watch them?
Sooooo....what's your point? /s

If I was a baseball player, and I hit a home run every 5th time I stepped up to the plate, would you cut me?

But I get your point and tend to agree. Forget ice. Dino is skating on chilled water at this point. I don’t think it’s realistic to cut him this year, but next year is absolutely a put up or shut up year.

Move? Read the question! I am the one that owns the crummy lawnscaping company!
Yeah, but you’re clearly not good at lawnscaping in the hypothetical, so I wouldn’t have an abundance of faith in your yard lookin’ tip-top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom