Difference between Ennis and Jonny, Triche, MCW, Scoop | Syracusefan.com

Difference between Ennis and Jonny, Triche, MCW, Scoop

Almost, but there were definitely times that he did. I'm not sure I've seen Ennis smile once yet.
Yes, Ennis has smiled several times, but you have to look quick! And I would amend Oakland's comment to say that Triche did smile - once.

He smiles, but it's not a big smile. It's a kind of small, crooked half smile with a bit of justified cockiness behind it.

He's also the best decision maker at point guard we've had in years.

Triche is kind of an outlier in this discussion IMO. Flynn, Scoop, and MCW all took a lot of chances with the ball, and it both won and lost us games. Ennis takes care of the ball at a remarkable rate, but he also doesn't try to take chances up to this point anyways. I think it'll come back to bite us every once in awhile, just like the other 3 taking too many chances came back to bite us every once in awhile. But regardless, they were all great PGs in their own right, and I can't say enough about how much Ennis has improved from the first couple of games this season. I'm still waiting for him to be a little more aggressive with his own shot, because he still passes up too many easy scoring opportunities IMO, but he's trending way upward right now.

Doesn't throw alley oops into the third row in a tie game. I loved Scoop but he did that so often, I started referring to them as alley Scoop passes.
Scoop was great for us, but that is funny!

He smiles, but it's not a big smile. It's a kind of small, crooked half smile with a bit of justified cockiness behind it.

He's also the best decision maker at point guard we've had in years.
Tyler " the decision maker" Ennis? No ring to it yet.

He ain't smiling until the fat lady sings (championship). Until then, he has us smiling.

He is way more patient than any pg we have ever had

You can tell that he's been a point guard for a while, and not a SG who brought the ball up the court. If our big guys can start catching the ball, he'll rack up even more assists.