Different offense this yr | Syracusefan.com

Different offense this yr

Jack Hall

All Conference
Since 2011 in my mind we have been a high pick and drive the lane team. Some call it the pro set or whatever. Scoop, BT, Dion, MCW all of them that's what they did, not great shooters and other than MCW not tremendous assist guys, well Scoop was good with his passing, BT good too. But our offense was so predictable. The elite eight game against OSU was painful for me to watch because it was sooo obvious what we were going to do. High pick and then dion, scoop or bt driving the lane. And Osu had three guys waiting in the paint , challenging and too many times we couldn't quite get the shot to fall.
Last yr was more of the same altho if JAmes was hitting that changed things. But against michigan his shot wasn't falling and our offense became just like the Osu game the yr before, it bogged down.
This yr I just see a different makeup. Neither Cooney or Ennis , their primary strength is driving it into traffic. Ennis is the set up guy, Cooney is running off screens and doing his thing. The spacing is sooo much better and we are much less predictable. IMO opponents will adjust to our different offensive look this yr but I love what I see so far, very refreshing...thoughts?

Since 2011 in my mind we have been a high pick and drive the lane team. Some call it the pro set or whatever. Scoop, BT, Dion, MCW all of them that's what they did, not great shooters and other than MCW not tremendous assist guys, well Scoop was good with his passing, BT good too. But our offense was so predictable. The elite eight game against OSU was painful for me to watch because it was sooo obvious what we were going to do. High pick and then dion, scoop or bt driving the lane. And Osu had three guys waiting in the paint , challenging and too many times we couldn't quite get the shot to fall.
Last yr was more of the same altho if JAmes was hitting that changed things. But against michigan his shot wasn't falling and our offense became just like the Osu game the yr before, it bogged down.
This yr I just see a different makeup. Neither Cooney or Ennis , their primary strength is driving it into traffic. Ennis is the set up guy, Cooney is running off screens and doing his thing. The spacing is sooo much better and we are much less predictable. IMO opponents will adjust to our different offensive look this yr but I love what I see so far, very refreshing...thoughts?
And I like CJs and Grants spacing so far too. I was worried they both would want to catch the ball the ball in the same spot but so far CJ has been more catching it closer to FT line/ top o the key and Grant has been more getting it closer to baseline. IMO even the 2010 team or the 2012 team did not come together/gel as quickly as this team . Hope we can become as good as those teams were in feb/march, before Arinze and Fab went out if course. We are ahead of last yrs team at this pt in chemistry also. Will be interesting if this team can avoid the Temple type performance from last December this DecemberDecember...go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom