Dillon starting? | Syracusefan.com

Dillon starting?

Bailey said Dillon is expected to start which surprised me. With our line, why get the freshmen killed. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a couple series.

Bailey said Dillon is expected to start which surprised me. With our line, why get the freshmen killed. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a couple series.
yep just say the article after I posted, talk about bad timing on my part lol

If I’m Dino I would start Rex and then put Dillon in as soon as he can. Only because it’s senior day. Rex has been serviceable starting the games. As the game progresses he get uglier and uglier. Rex has been a great team mate also.

I'm so pissed at Servais. Morgan's career could be over before it gets started and now he's looking at the California penal law 3 strikes rule.
Do we know he had a concussion? I have not heard that was the case.

What's the point let's see what Dillon has. If you want to start Rex in South Bend because it's his last game and you don't want to embarrass a freshman in that spot I can live with it.
Rex's last home game at the dome
Give him the first series as a thank you for his 5 years of hard work

Rex's last home game at the dome
Give him the first series as a thank you for his 5 years of hard work
What's the point there are no fans. You want to give him a Thank you let him play the against the number two team in the country and pull the upset of the century.

What's the point there are no fans. You want to give him a Thank you let him play the against the number two team in the country and pull the upset of the century.
It's not about the fans
It's about the start at home where he spent 5 years of his life his all
Clearly you see it differently
Cheers to you, have a good night

It's not about the fans
Would you rather play against NC State with no fans or in South Bend against the number 2 team in the country? Dillon needs to play to see what we have.

It's not about the fans

This is one of the worst seasons in history.

Noone holds any ill will towards Rex but we need to give the other freshman a body of work to judge him off down the road.

If we add a bunch of guys via transfer or scholarship and there is a crunch and one of him or Morgan has to leave you will wish you gave him NC State.

This is one of the worst seasons in history.

Noone holds any ill will towards Rex but we need to give the other freshman a body of work to judge him off down the road.

If we add a bunch of guys via transfer or scholarship and there is a crunch and one of him or Morgan has to leave you will wish you gave him NC State.
This game sat is about getting all the youngsters playing time and building for next year. You would be hurting your program if you didn't start one of the young guys.

Would you rather play against NC State with no fans or in South Bend against the number 2 team in the country? Dillon needs to play to see what we have.
it’s not about fans/family in the stands. It’s about him playing his last game on that turf. 5 years of sacrifice, watching and supporting other QB’a when he could have left. Fighting to beat cancer. The first couple series won’t hurt. I know we are all thirsty to see some a glimpse of hope from one of the freshman’s but easing Dillon in is smart and safer for him. If Culpepper is hurt too then we have no choice but to play him or the other guys. Dillon is gonna play but starting him is not going to be the difference in winning the game. Him getting less reps in a watered down offense will not hurt the future of this program.

it’s not about fans/family in the stands. It’s about him playing his last game on that turf. 5 years of sacrifice, watching and supporting other QB’a when he could have left. Fighting to beat cancer. The first couple series won’t hurt. I know we are all thirsty to see some a glimpse of hope from one of the freshman’s but easing Dillon in is smart and safer for him. If Culpepper is hurt too then we have no choice but to play him or the other guys. Dillon is gonna play but starting him is not going to be the difference in winning the game.
I can give him a series if its that important to him but Dillon needs to play the majority of the game. I respect the heck out if Red and everything he has overcome but right now it's about the future.

I wonder if David Summers, a freaking scholarship QB, will get to dress as the 6th string QB?? Since we’re down to QB #4 starting.

Anyone got any inside info on MacPhail? He’s gotta be better than Summers, right? Lol

On top of that. How much can we really evaluate the future with these QB’s? 2021 starter will be a transfer or TD. The true competition is in the off season. There will be much more situational play with 7v7 workouts, team periods that will give you a true feel of their progression. You can only get so much throwing them out there with this O line. All we are going to see is quick game screens slants, outs and fades. We can’t get these QB’s killed. Nc st and ND is just gonna sit on all the short stuff. That’s what Louisville did. That’s why Morgan couldnt find any one open.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom