Dino’s injury | Syracusefan.com

Dino’s injury

BrooklynCuse

Starter
What’s up with Dino’s injury? Was it his shoulder, elbow? I forget but didn’t he say he was going to power through it and have surgery after the season.

Is he in a lot of pain or on pain killers or something because he is not the same Dino this year. I find it hard to believe that he has quit on the season, he just looks different this year. Am I just looking for an excuse? Yeah probably...

I thought I heard early in the season he had shoulder surgery in the off season. I haven't seen anything aside from that.

He probably seems different because this is the most disappointing season he has had as a head coach. Even if we took a step back, there was no way he was expecting this.

Last edited:
What’s up with Dino’s injury? Was it his shoulder, elbow? I forget but didn’t he say he was going to power through it and have surgery after the season.

Is he in a lot of pain or on pain killers or something because he is not the same Dino this year. I find it hard to believe that he has quit on the season, he just looks different this year. Am I just looking for an excuse? Yeah probably...
He had surgery before the season.

And you are projecting.

A perfect storm:

1. Injuries at key positions (Williams in preseason, Heckel in the first game)
2. Very little depth especially in those key positions
3. Losses to graduation that were, in retrospect, impossible to overcome (Dungey's
ability to compensate for a mediocre OL, no one to replace Custis, LBs)
4. Team dissension
5. Assistants who could not deal with the new challenges
6. No upswing in recruiting

A tough year.

Probably not wise to speculate on a public forum about somebody being on medication or not.

Probably not wise to speculate on a public forum about somebody being on medication or not.

Yes that’s true and my bad. I should not mention or speculate. I didn’t mean to accuse Dino of being “on drugs”. He just seems so different this year I thought maybe he was in excruciating pain or something but as others mentioned it’s just been a tough year.

I'm thinking Dino is as shocked as we are about how poorly the team has played. This really is the first time he has faced adversity as a head coach. He's learning how to handle it too. I don't count his first 2 seasons as "adversity" simply because nobody in their right mind should have expected a winning record either year due to the turnover, and implementation of a new scheme.

I'm thinking Dino is as shocked as we are about how poorly the team has played. This really is the first time he has faced adversity as a head coach. He's learning how to handle it too. I don't count his first 2 seasons as "adversity" simply because nobody in their right mind should have expected a winning record either year due to the turnover, and implementation of a new scheme.
It's true, he's never experienced a downturn after attaining success.. He left EIU and Bowling Green immediately after reaching success. He'll learn from it and we'll be better in the long run.

It's true, he's never experienced a downturn after attaining success.. He left EIU and Bowling Green immediately after reaching success. He'll learn from it and we'll be better in the long run.
image.png

He has experienced a demotion. He will bounce back. I expect a minimum of 2 more coaching changes.

Dino had rotator cuff surgery in June of 2018. I only know that because he showed up to the football golf tourney in a big sling merely hours after surgery had been completed. His nerve block was still active, so he told us "we're going to find out how much of a man I am once this nerve block wears off in a few hours".

I've heard that Cavvy lost his vision, which would jive with the OL performance.

Dino had rotator cuff surgery in June of 2018. I only know that because he showed up to the football golf tourney in a big sling merely hours after surgery had been completed. His nerve block was still active, so he told us "we're going to find out how much of a man I am once this nerve block wears off in a few hours".

I've heard that Cavvy lost his vision, which would jive with the OL performance.
Do you mean like leadership vision? Or eyesight vision?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom