Dino’s post game presser is worth watching. Great stuff | Syracusefan.com

Dino’s post game presser is worth watching. Great stuff

Not that long ago, like this month, some posters lamented that we didn't have Hafley type.

hafley was a genius to local Syracusefan braintrust. They would now want him fired for poor game management . Hafley was a program builder and a masterful recruiter!

he‘s also ruined the BC o line in 18 months

Great win today, was great to see the us dominate BC. But a two win win streak doesn’t mean we won the National championship or are even bowl eligible yet lol

This year in FBS games teams are 21-7 when returning a punt for a TD. Not a shock that STs matter which is more reason to have a good STC. I couldn't find anything that would easily give blocked punts W/L. But again that should give you even more reason to have a STC. And it should make the first punt vs Rutgers inexcusable.

This year in FBS games teams are 21-7 when returning a punt for a TD. Not a shock that STs matter which is more reason to have a good STC. I couldn't find anything that would easily give blocked punts W/L. But again that should give you even more reason to have a STC. And it should make the first punt vs Rutgers inexcusable.
KO return TDs teams are 18-13 this year. You would expect that number to be worse than PR TDs. Forcing a punt is a positive play. A kick off means the other team just scored.

regarding kick off returns and scoring off punts...calculating win probabilities...
When a team is (repeatedly) kicking off to YOUR team it likely means they just scored on you
and as a result your team is likely not winning.
But if a team is PUNTING, it means the other team is controlling the game...maybe better talent
and as a result very likely to win that game.

KO return TDs teams are 18-13 this year. You would expect that number to be worse than PR TDs. Forcing a punt is a positive play. A kick off means the other team just scored.
I think it's particularly deflating for the team on the wrong end of a punt return touchdown. They just got stopped and then the points. The momentum is definitely against them. More deflating than a kickoff return touchdown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom