Dino Babers named a finalist for Dodd Trophy National Coach of the Year Award/ Brian Kelly Winner | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers named a finalist for Dodd Trophy National Coach of the Year Award/ Brian Kelly Winner

Pat Fitzgerald made the Big 10 Title game the same way Pitt did - got lucky in the division and how it all fell. He reminds me of a better Shafer. Meathead, defense, weird presser quotes.

Dino did a HELL of a job, caught some breaks, but I don't see him winning the award. Absolutely deserves it, but that's not what the national perception is just yet, IMO

BTW, anyone defending the writers on Dabo getting ACC COY because of his undefeated season should look to the SEC. Kentucky's coach won the award yesterday, not Saban. Going undefeated shouldn't the end-all, be-all for COY.

That's great recognition for HCDB. I know APR is a flawed number, but Alabama's being higher than Cuse and ND surprised me.

BTW, anyone defending the writers on Dabo getting ACC COY because of his undefeated season should look to the SEC. Kentucky's coach won the award yesterday, not Saban. Going undefeated shouldn't the end-all, be-all for COY.
I would be ok with him getting it, if Clemson had to overcome all kinds of hardships to stay undefeated, but that wasn't the case. Dino deserved it.

SYRACUSE FANS: RETWEET. RETWEET. RETWEET. you need to retweet to cast your vote. (Brian Kelly already has almost 500 RT's). we need to unite and catch babers up

Dabo is a great coach and his team had a great season. Undefeated, regular season champs, conference champs, #2 ranking Pole to Pole and in the Playoff.

He is deserving. The only way he can exceed expectations at this point is to win a NC and finish #1 in the rankings. But we haven't got there yet.

You guys act like it's a cakewalk to do what he did just because he has a talented team. It's not.

Dabo is a great coach and his team had a great season. Undefeated, regular season champs, conference champs, #2 ranking Pole to Pole and in the Playoff.

He is deserving. The only way he can exceed expectations at this point is to win a NC and finish #1 in the rankings. But we haven't got there yet.

You guys act like it's a cakewalk to do what he did just because he has a talented team. It's not.
You are glossing over that him finishing first and undefeated was the expectation and has been the expectation for Clemson for some time now.

So, in other words he did what everyone expected him to do.

Are we now giving awards to do what is expected of you?

Dino on the other hand was expected to finish DEAD LAST in the ACC and instead he overachieved and finished second in the whole conference behind the team that was expected to finish first.

That is deserving of coach of the year, not doing what everyone thought you would do.

You are glossing over that him finishing first and undefeated was the expectation and has been the expectation for Clemson for some time now.

So, in other words he did what everyone expected him to do.

Are we now giving awards to do what is expected of you?

Dino on the other hand was expected to finish DEAD LAST in the ACC and instead he overachieved and finished second in the whole conference behind the team that was expected to finish first.

That is deserving of coach of the year, not doing what everyone thought you would do.

So the coach of a team that is projected preseason to win the national title and then does, should never be eligible for coach of the year? What does he have to do, go on and defeat a NFL team too?

Kelly will win this year.

Dino wins next year when we make the playoffs.

So the coach of a team that is projected preseason to win the national title and then does, should never be eligible for coach of the year? What does he have to do, go on and defeat a NFL team too?
Correct.

When was the last time Saban won AP coach of the year? Yep, 2008...why hasn't he won it every year since then, because what is expected of him and the teams he coaches is a lot more.

Or, in your opinion he probably should win it every year because he has he best team and the best record.

Seems pretty smart.

The award is meant to give an accolade to the person that does the best coaching job, not who has the best and most talent.

Correct.

When was the last time Saban won AP coach of the year? Yep, 2008...why hasn't he won it every year since then, because what is expected of him and the teams he coaches is a lot more.

Or, in your opinion he probably should win it every year because he has he best team and the best record.

Seems pretty smart.

The award is meant to give an accolade to the person that does the best coaching job, not who has the best and most talent.

That is your opinion, which unlike you, I'm not going to tell you what your opinion is.

My opinion, thank you, is that a coach with Dabo's credentials on this season is worthy of a coach of the year award, and I have no problem with him being nominated or winning. The voters seem to think the same thing seeings as how this is playing out in every single vote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom