Dino coming up on the ACCN at about 4:15 | Syracusefan.com

Dino coming up on the ACCN at about 4:15

Our front 3 should be decent at least 4 of them have playing time, should be similar to last year. Not sure they can put as much heat on the QB, but hope they stay disciplined and we can bring heat from DB’s, safeties and backers….

That concerns me. You need to be disciplined on the edges against Cunningham.
Depending on how they play it, a lot of time the edge of a 3-3-5 isn’t necessarily a DE like a traditional 4-3. Which would help to provide a more “stable” player to stay home and hold the edge.

I'll take crazy eyes in our d-linemen.

Thompson has crazy eyes, works out pretty well at lb.
1662033933141.jpeg
Krazee-eyez!

i wouldnt be surprised if the front 3 creates more pressure but also makes more mistakes.

More pressure is ideal, folks we have behind them to clean up on mistakes are studs.

As always, I'd prefer mistakes from aggression vs being tentative. Front 3 could miss assignments and defense could still rally and make the play. World's apart from if the other side of the line make mistakes

True but thats assuming we are running base. Hopefully we alternate so many looks that we that our older LBs and Dbacks can help with owning the edge or stretching it out and keep Cunningham from moving upfield. I would not think we would put that just on our ends this game. I would expect to see some blitzing by the safeties and trusting Garrett and Duce to own the hashes to sidelines 1 on 1. Make Cunningham uncomfortable from all sides.

Cunningham didn’t have to scramble or do anything fancy last year. RB gashed us with runs and then he threw over the top when safeties bit. I almost feel like if we’re making him scramble it’s a step up from last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom