Dino needs to pound the transfer portal | Syracusefan.com

Dino needs to pound the transfer portal

For LB or OT, fine.

Don’t need anywhere else imo though.

Any offensive lineman yes. Linebacker's yes would probably take a talented one. I still think we could use a defensive lineman from the portal. Preferably one with DT size.

OL DT QB

Definitely OL and DT.

QB depth needs to be improved, but not sure how possible that is through transfers. Those guys typically want to come in and start. We definitely need a good one in this recruiting class.

A sure sign of a desperate coach is to try to wallpaper over long term deficiencies with short term solutions (like numerous grad transfers and JUCOs). It's fine if that's what you built your program on (like Kansas St), but that's not how Syracuse was constructed. Let's hope we're not in that boat this off-season.

A sure sign of a desperate coach is to try to wallpaper over long term deficiencies with short term solutions (like numerous grad transfers and JUCOs). It's fine if that's what you built your program on (like Kansas St), but that's not how Syracuse was constructed. Let's hope we're not in that boat this off-season.
Yeah, but. Our ACC recruiting rankings have been what? 11,12,13? We all want that to improve, but so does every other fan of every other program. If that is going to be the status quo, then it is still possible to win regularly, but you have to do a better than average job everywhere else, talent development, in-game schemes, and...the transfer portal.

Yeah, but. Our ACC recruiting rankings have been what? 11,12,13? We all want that to improve, but so does every other fan of every other program. If that is going to be the status quo, then it is still possible to win regularly, but you have to do a better than average job everywhere else, talent development, in-game schemes, and...the transfer portal.
I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

The transfer portal is really starting to pick up. Alot of talented players who ended up in the doghouse, too far from home or just behind two or three guys at high high P5 teams entering portal. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I think its really going to feel like free agency NCAA style this year

The transfer portal is really starting to pick up. Alot of talented players who ended up in the doghouse, too far from home or just behind two or three guys at high high P5 teams entering portal. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I think its really going to feel like free agency NCAA style this year

Need to keep 5 schollies open for the talent transfusion

Think we only need a few to bridge gap until ol lb and qb gets better

Think we only need a few to bridge gap until ol lb and qb gets better

Depends. OL seems to have stabilized with personnel changes that have been implemented. Is it fools gold, or will it continue to be a trend? If so, then the needs at OL might not be as dire as what many of us believed through the first two months of the season. Would still like to see us add an interior OL -- preferably a center.

Think we need to get a DE. At DT, hope McKinley Williams comes back. Williams / Black / Harper / Elmore is a solid nucleus, plus all of the true frosh brought in last year [Munoz, Dawson, Rondi].

Wouldn't expect us to take a grad transfer QB, but maybe that one JUCO kid [who isn't a traditional JUCO].

A lot of guys hoped in before accumulating more than their 4 allotted games too so they are immediately eligible.

I’ll take a OL man or two, someone who is interchangeable, I’m fine with Line backers, I like what we have on the bench, I’ll take a big receiver (6’5 at least). And I’ll take a DT for depth.
mans I guess a QB, with only two on roster for next year that isn’t good.

A lot of guys hoped in before accumulating more than their 4 allotted games too so they are immediately eligible.
No. I don't believe that is true. An undergrad that transfers still has to sit a year. The QB that was offered, Cade Fortin, could play immediately because he transferred to a JUCO.

No. I don't believe that is true. An undergrad that transfers still has to sit a year. The QB that was offered, Cade Fortin, could play immediately because he transferred to a JUCO.

Yep, it's just JUCO's, 5th year seniors, and anyone who has a compelling $tory (like Ju$tin Field$) that can get you an instantly eligible transfer.

Otherwise, you have to wait a year. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be shopping there, but it's not the quick fix that everyone thinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom