Dino's Game 1 Press Conference | Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 1 Press Conference | Louisville

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

FbXcKrRXkAAMb1Q

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey @Stephen_Bailey1

Thread: Syracuse has released its Week 1 depth chart ahead of Louisville. Will take a closer look after Dino Babers’ presser, but no Steve Linton. RFr. DE Jatius Geer listed with the 1s. Carlos Del Rio-Wilson is QB2.

Babers said playing Louisville early this year “should be a better situation for us” after catching them late and banged up in previous seasons.

Babers said WR Isaiah Jones and S Jason Simmons Jr. are good to go for Week 1. DE Steve Linton was banged up during camp, but “he’s overcome that and he should be close to full speed.” Sounds like SU will be close to full strength against the Cardinals.

Babers heaped praise on Louisville QB Malik Cunningham, touting him as likely the best player on the field when LOU has the ball. Said he was impressed by him @ ACC Kickoff. Nothing firm shared in terms of how SU is preparing. “We don’t have anyone who can emulate him at all.”

Babers on Dan Villari’s transition to WR: “We’re going to slowly develop him. He’s such a fantastic athlete and by him switching over, it was completely unselfish.” Said it’s possible Villari moves back to QB, but believes the switch was best for the team.

How did Del Rio-Wilson earn the No. 2 job? Babers: “He’s very, very athletic. He has some skills that are God-given and you can’t hide those things.” Babers said he hasn’t gotten many complaints internally about giving him the nod.

Babers said SU never filled its new director of football analytics position. DB had a prime candidate in mind, but they elected to start their own business. My understanding is the target was Matt Edwards, who worked at Virginia in a similar capacity w/ Robert Anae & Jason Beck.

Babers said that the offensive staff emphasized situational drives and the corresponding decision-making process during camp. Babers and Anae worked to trim down gray area — the estimated 15% of choices that they initially disagreed on, Babers said.

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey @Stephen_Bailey1

Thread: Syracuse has released its Week 1 depth chart ahead of Louisville. Will take a closer look after Dino Babers’ presser, but no Steve Linton. RFr. DE Jatius Geer listed with the 1s. Carlos Del Rio-Wilson is QB2.

Babers said playing Louisville early this year “should be a better situation for us” after catching them late and banged up in previous seasons.

Babers said WR Isaiah Jones and S Jason Simmons Jr. are good to go for Week 1. DE Steve Linton was banged up during camp, but “he’s overcome that and he should be close to full speed.” Sounds like SU will be close to full strength against the Cardinals.

Babers heaped praise on Louisville QB Malik Cunningham, touting him as likely the best player on the field when LOU has the ball. Said he was impressed by him @ ACC Kickoff. Nothing firm shared in terms of how SU is preparing. “We don’t have anyone who can emulate him at all.”

Babers on Dan Villari’s transition to WR: “We’re going to slowly develop him. He’s such a fantastic athlete and by him switching over, it was completely unselfish.” Said it’s possible Villari moves back to QB, but believes the switch was best for the team.

How did Del Rio-Wilson earn the No. 2 job? Babers: “He’s very, very athletic. He has some skills that are God-given and you can’t hide those things.” Babers said he hasn’t gotten many complaints internally about giving him the nod.
I think simulate using a better word there than emulate.

Sorry, for being a downer here but I have no interest in hearing from DB until we see some results and improved consistency. I'm tired of the hype, tired of the faith w/o evidence, tired of excuses. I just want to see a football team that makes consistently good decisions by both the players and coaching staff regardless of wins or losses. I don't need to hear DB chest pounding.

Sorry, for being a downer here but I have no interest in hearing from DB until we see some results and improved consistency. I'm tired of the hype, tired of the faith w/o evidence, tired of excuses. I just want to see a football team that makes consistently good decisions by both the players and coaching staff regardless of wins or losses. I don't need to hear DB chest pounding.
Not a downer, but unaware of the mandate that you have to listen

Tune him out until he wins ya back or gets fired

Not a downer, but unaware of the mandate that you have to listen

Tune him out until he wins ya back or gets fired
That is pretty much what I do now with Dino.

He needs to just get out of the way so the OC’s and Position Coaches can coach. Be a CEO type and focus on recruiting. Some of the things he has said over the years are just plain “face palm” stuff.

He needs to just get out of the way so the OC’s and Position Coaches can coach. Be a CEO type and focus on recruiting. Some of the things he has said over the years are just plain “face palm” stuff.
How close to the program are you? I don’t know that we know how involved or not involved he is in various things. Almost all HC are CEO types to an extent

But, you still clicked on the Dino week 1 press conference thread anyway...:confused:

Has he ever been in the way?

I am still amazed that year after that they do the PC in a spot and cant get the questions heard.. Just a sound guy with a directional mic would help. or pass the dang mike around person to person.. i mean how many are in that room asking questions 10 or so. 2 wireless mics would solve the problem.,

I am still amazed that year after that they do the PC in a spot and cant get the questions heard.. Just a sound guy with a directional mic would help. or pass the dang mike around person to person.. i mean how many are in that room asking questions 10 or so. 2 wireless mics would solve the problem.,
How about getting Garrett Morris out there to help out. I bet he’s free.

Turning on cc helps when watching the PC. It's not a total solution by any stretch, but it helps.

I can't imagine they haven't already thought about passing a mic among the reports...

Did he say whether there was going to be a uniform release thread? Bc I actually want to know what they are rockin week 1. Come out traditional baby!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom