Dino's Game 12 Press Conference | BC | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 12 Press Conference | BC

Excited to play BC.

Excited about the new faces who played.

3rd downs were tough on us. Have to get off the field.

No injury updates yet.

Talks about Covid. Says that SU lost assistant coaches during Covid because their kids couldn't play HS football in NY.

Talks about depth. Have to re-evaluate injuries, but most players will come back bigger and stronger.

Dino met with a player at 10 AM today who wants to come back next season (wouldn't give name). Once the season ends and the roster finalizes he'll look at team needs through recruiting / transfer portal.

3-5-5 improved in Year 3. What will this offense look like in Year 3?

Axe asks the JW question (of course he does). Dino doesn't answer.

Last edited:
we're about to "play a REALLY GOOD boston college team"

"i was excited about the new faces that had to play in the game, and i thought they did a good job for the most part"

Wonder who the upperclass player was that came to him this morning at 10am and told Dino he wants to come back next year?

Of course...who's the player that wants to come back? Somebody on the fence as far as NFL? Maybe Vettorello who walked but finally played RT and wants to play there full time?

Ha. You beat me by a minute. Maybe Vett. Maybe Williams? Could be any number of guys. Would love it to be Jones but I think he’s really done.

Of course...who's the player that wants to come back? Somebody on the fence as far as NFL? Maybe Vettorello who walked but finally played RT and wants to play there full time?
That would be good. Give him a season at RT to try and sneak into the draft

Ha. You beat me by a minute. Maybe Vett. Maybe Williams? Could be any number of guys. Would love it to be Jones but I think he’s really done.
It’s not Jones. He was clear during the senior walk he was leaving. I’d be shocked if it was Garrett as well. Vett is a good guess.

Maybe Sean?!

we're about to "play a REALLY GOOD boston college team"

"i was excited about the new faces that had to play in the game, and i thought they did a good job for the most part"
I think Wagner can be considered really good based on how we have played the last 5 weeks

Tucker, I’m calling it right now. He’s coming for all the Syracuse University running back records, and would be smart to do so. It won’t make him a rich man but will make him a football legend. Barring a SB ring it’s probably the biggest achievement he can reach.

I would be shocked if it was Sean. I think Vett is as good as guess as there is

Yeah, Sean would be insane to return.

RB's have limited shelf life and a mileage limit.
He needs to be using whatever is left of his in the NFL next year.

I truly hope Wax comes back.
Would help offset the loss of Mikel, and assuming Thompson is fully healthy, plus the emergence of guys like McDonald, Sparrow, and others, we'd have a solid, deep, experienced LB room again.

Can see Vett going either way.
Take his degree, and see what the future holds, or
come back at RT and try to upgrade his play to where he's got a better shot at some football post-Cuse.
(and yes, he could also portal out, but that seems unlikely, at least as of now)

Shrader kinda has to return.
While as a Grad transfer he could go elsewhere, we've got the whole O basically custom tailored to his strengths (when healthy). He needs a complete, successful season to even have a chance of a hope of a sniff of a post-college football career.

I’ll go with Vett or Williams.
Ahh Williams, didn’t even think about that. Definitely plausible, wonder what his projected draft rankings are right now? Having our shutdown CB back would be a delight.

williams put enuf on tape pre injury to jump this year. coming back might actually work against him.

So when do fans find out who’s coming back if DB is throwing it out there in a press conference.

I’ll go with Vett or Williams.
Would be thrilled if Garrett Williams came back. Our Defense hasn't been the same since he got hurt and he's a great leader, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom