Dino's Presser after Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Pitt

And you all defending him on quitting thought you might get an explanation here? There is no explanation. You play ball once a week, this wasn't a friggin baseball game.

He actually did explain it

He actually did explain it
In a round about way. He did say essentially that when they didn't convert on the 4th down that the game was out of reach. He didn't explain explicitly, as I think some want, why he chose not to use the time outs.

Basically he said we werent going to score. He inferred it. And its true. We werent.

So why come out to start the 2nd half? We weren't going to score so why not just go home? (This is a dramatic exaggeration, so for the dummies please do not answer this).

Yes, using the TOs wouldn't have matter as we were not scoring. But you need to keep trying. Look at last year's Pitt game. We almost pulled it out of our ass because we didn't give up. We got a score then almost got a fumble. There was plenty of time for hope. The fact that Dino lost hope with over 4 mins left is worrisome.

Regardless of the generic information he releases in his dealings with the media, he seems to instill a lot of loyalty from his players and recruits so I’d bet that the players haven’t lost faith.

He’s eventually be coaching a winning team again. Just not thIs year. Maybe not next year if the QB situation doesn’t improve dramatically

I hate the giving up part- it’s just too presumptive to assume we wouldn’t score, as stranger things have happened in many a football game. Unlikely we would score? Sure. But to be so definitive tells me that he gave up on his offense, and decided it was a lost cause.
So the question has to be asked; “Why are we so inept, even in game 2, that the HC seems clueless & willing to give up”? Our entire game plan was scuttled... vs Pitt? THAT, is what’s unacceptable.

So why come out to start the 2nd half? We weren't going to score so why not just go home? (This is a dramatic exaggeration, so for the dummies please do not answer this).

Yes, using the TOs wouldn't have matter as we were not scoring. But you need to keep trying. Look at last year's Pitt game. We almost pulled it out of our ass because we didn't give up. We got a score then almost got a fumble. There was plenty of time for hope. The fact that Dino lost hope with over 4 mins left is worrisome.
Defense wins games???? I’m just spit balling here.

he probably thought Pitt with the time from to's would score again ..

After reading about Rex and Tommy's packages, I'm taking the rest of the day off. :rolleyes:

1600550899697.png

1600550908325.png

After reading about Rex and Tommy's packages, I'm taking the rest of the day off. :rolleyes:

View attachment 188285
View attachment 188286
This last paragraph means basically that he thinks that it can't possibly be Tommy or Rex and one or the other will start next week.

In other words, he is making no changes at QB and something else must be the issue.

I think I have seen enough...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom