Dinos way | Syracusefan.com

Dinos way

kcsu

Living Legend
Im convinced that we have in Dino the perfect coach for our program. Im not saying that he is the best college football coach but i truly believe he is the best football coach for Syracuse. Better than Dabo, Saben, Kelly. Yes in my opinion he is better for SU than any of them.
Why because his way, his offensive style, his ability to identify and nuture talent and most importantly his leadership qualities line up so well with SU that he is a perfect fit.
This guy has a plan and process that is tailor made for SU. That takes full advantage of our strengths as a program but more importantly shores up our weaknesses.
Dinos foundation is development. He doesn't have to rely on 4 and 5 star recruits. Instead he relies on superior talent evaluation based on being able to project the player in 2-3 years.
His strength and conditioning program is better than anything i have ever seen. There is a science to it that is structured on an individual basis based on position played and the individuals requirements. The noticeable improvement in our players is staggering. ED was sculpted into a beast. Ever player is bigger and faster. The development is Dinos secret sauce. He recruits speed size intelligence and leadership. He has to date brought in multiple classes of kids that by all accounts have had very few issues. He has taken on kids that have had issues at other schools and moulded them into solid teamates.
Dino is one heck of a leader. This guy gets it on every level. I truly believe that he is hands down the best coach for Syracuse. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

To get Tom and Zonk back speaks volumes. To hear Dino talk about Syracuse you can just feel the pride and respect he has SU. We are one of the most storied programs in the country and he has embraced our rich tradition and coupled with a great Chancellor and AD is going to bring us back to greatness.
"Why not Syracuse" that statement says it all.

I wasn't 100% sold on Dino when rumors where pointing to him. All it took was watching one BGSU game and I was sold. We could not have a better fit imo.

Couldn't have picked a better coach for this program if the administration had a million tries.
The great ones are not just talented recruiters and game managers: They're leaders that understand the history of the game. I saw that with Dabo when he taught his players about Jim Brown and visited the SU locker room after an upset loss. You can see it here, with Dino's comments after the scrimmage:

THE LEGENDS COMING BACK

COMMENTS
"How cool was that? I got a chance to talk to number 39 — Larry Csonka — are you guys kidding me? When I was a kid, I almost got beat up because when we were young — this was in the 70s before you had phones that you could watch movies on and stuff — we were outside playing, and when we played street football, we had to declare who we were going to be. One time I claimed I was going to be Larry Csonka, and everybody told me I couldn’t be Larry Csonka. I wanted to be Larry Csonka, and it almost got to a point where I almost had to fight the guy that I was going to be Larry Csonka. So, I got an opportunity to be Larry Csonka in the early 70s out in the street, and I’m acting like I’m Larry Csonka. After that, all the other kids wanted to know who Larry Csonka was, because they didn’t know who Larry Csonska was.
"We started watching TV, and they started realizing why I wanted to emulate him. He’s big, I wasn’t as big as he was, he was physical, and he was just kind of like a no-nonsense type of guy. He was a no-nonsense, physical, alpha with all capital letters, no small. Kind of gets your eyes going a little bit. I told him when I had my first opportunity to meet him, I said, ‘Do you know the first time I ever spoke at my press conference, I mentioned you? 44s — what about 39?’ And don’t get me wrong, Jim Brown, he’s the GOAT. Floyd Little — all the 44s — I get it. For a 10-year-old, 11-year-old kid, to me Larry Csonka was the bomb. And Coach Coughlin, I mean — Super Bowl rings, the whole nine yards. Running an NFL organization, it doesn’t get any better than that. And Floyd, he just represents Syracuse. I call him Uncle Floyd. It’s like he’s been around forever, and everybody — tell me somebody that says something bad about Floyd. How many guys who’re walking the planet are like that? Just awesome, awesome people, and I love them to death. As long as we can keep that bridge from the past, connect it all the way to the present — wow, we may have a hell of a future."
Babers on the Spring, DeVito, Depth and Much More

Last edited:
To get Tom and Zonk back speaks volumes. To hear Dino talk about Syracuse you can just feel the pride and respect he has SU. We are one of the most storied programs in the country and he has embraced our rich tradition and coupled with a great Chancellor and AD is going to bring us back to greatness.
"Why not Syracuse" that statement says it all.

Those two were big for sure. I couldn’t believe it personally, but then I equally couldn’t believe James Mungro was here to. It’s awesome what’s going on.

Last edited:
1/2 of me couldn't believe I was hearing it, 1/2 of me was like "IT'S HAPPENING!!!" and 1/2 of me felt vindicated.
And what about the other quarter of you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom