Dino's Week 5 Clemson Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 5 Clemson Press Conference

Evan Foster will be ready to go vs. Clemson

Dino just found out Lawrence will start. Very polished thrower. Obviously is young. Still thinks Kelly Bryant might play.

Dino: Never seen a front four like that before. RE: Clemson's D-Line.

Dino: Win or lose it only counts as one game.

Dino: Clemson took SU team hotel before last year's game. He said Clemson offered more money.

Dino: Pierce's loss hurt because of his athletic ability and pass-catching ability. He made plays last year in critical moments vs. Clemson.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like it was a disciplinary issue with Pierce like some have speculated.

I think it was crazy to speculate it was disciplinary. People must not watch any football outside of their own teams. I see a lot worse week in week out in the SEC. Dino is a big league (and old school) coach, discipline would be running sprints not suspending him for a game. No coach would voluntarily suspend one of their best players because he jaws to much.

Dino is right, its' one game, unless the thought was we are national championship caliber, the only way this game impacts the season negatively is if the injury list is long coming out of the game.

If this team can stay healthy 10, 9 wins is on the table.

Play them close, and we win, pretty sure we're top 25. Play them close and we lose, and win the next decisively, and pretty sure we're top 25. Get our !@#$@ stomped and drop the next few, UGH!

that's my big worry - we drop the next few.

Pierce is a loss on blocking, we dont know enough to see if Hackett blocks as well, Pierce is a loss on potential after the catch stuff too.. But you dont see many times he runs a route to get open its usually just a result of coverage breakdowns with him. Spec Team is where he has played well and other need to step in.

Dino: Clemson took SU team hotel before last year's game. He said Clemson offered more money.

Dino: Pierce's loss hurt because of his athletic ability and pass-catching ability. He made plays last year in critical moments vs. Clemson.

That's wild, never heard of this before.

I'm a little surprised SU didn't say "We hope you got more money from Clemson this weekend than we pay you for all 7 home dates, because we're finding a new team hotel."

What is our hotel? Crown plaza? Most out of town teams stay at double tree on carrier circle. They do a good job catering to needs of teams.

I think it was crazy to speculate it was disciplinary. People must not watch any football outside of their own teams. I see a lot worse week in week out in the SEC. Dino is a big league (and old school) coach, discipline would be running sprints not suspending him for a game. No coach would voluntarily suspend one of their best players because he jaws to much.

I am quite certain I saw Pierce get smacked in the helmet (legit legal contact) down the sideline when he made a late catch against FSU

Believe he signaled to his head and said I gotta get outta here...it was along the SU sideline and he just stepped off so no one probably noticed

If this is inappropriate board info please delete but thought it might offset this “Ravian did bad” mentality

I think the guy has a “upper body/Head” injury from what I saw. And he was making a great aggressive play when it happened

What is our hotel? Crown plaza? Most out of town teams stay at double tree on carrier circle. They do a good job catering to needs of teams.

It was the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel & Conference Center.

This was true long ago. I suspect it might still might be the hotel they use. I met Roy Williams there the year they won it all. (Tourney came thru CUSE) Also met Bobby Bowden the year FSU came to the dome. Had to be around the same time for both. Great hotel. Both were great people. Roy Williams was the nicer guy but Bobby Bowden was also pleasant!

dino does not sound confident at all re clemson.. comments like it only counts as one game. when asked about the game previously he said "we will show up" . i did not like tone and affect that he had when he said it. lacked enthusiasm etc.--whats strikes me is that there is no need to say it only counts as one game ----he should save that for the presser if we lose

dino does not sound confident at all re clemson.. comments like it only counts as one game. when asked about the game previously he said "we will show up" . i did not like tone and affect that he had when he said it. lacked enthusiasm etc.--whats strikes me is that there is no need to say it only counts as one game ----he should save that for the presser if we lose
Glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I do appreciate his sealed-lip, even-toned pressers most of the time but I really felt kind of...sad almost after this one. Could also be because I've been having anxiety over this game since Saturday night, lol, but yeah. Not great feelings here.

Or maybe that's what he wants Clemson to think.

1537834941698.jpeg

Glad I wasn't the only one who felt this way. I do appreciate his sealed-lip, even-toned pressers most of the time but I really felt kind of...sad almost after this one. Could also be because I've been having anxiety over this game since Saturday night, lol, but yeah. Not great feelings here.

I have a feeling Dino wants Clemson to see it like you do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom