Dinosaur BBQ and Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Dinosaur BBQ and Recruiting

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Does anyone know if, on an official visit, are players taken out to a restaurant by the staff? Or are they limited to school food only? I only ask because I saw that the staff can only take the recruit on a 30-mile radius from campus for any "entertainment", even though Dino is within 30 miles, if it weren't within 30, it'd probably be worth breaking a rule for.

They've taken kids to Dino in the past. I don't know if it's a staple of what they do.

Does anyone know if, on an official visit, are players taken out to a restaurant by the staff? Or are they limited to school food only? I only ask because I saw that the staff can only take the recruit on a 30-mile radius from campus for any "entertainment", even though Dino is within 30 miles, if it weren't within 30, it'd probably be worth breaking a rule for.

Seems to me that most recruits mention Dino as a place they visit when they are on an official here. Of course their wings can't compare to those served at the ESPN zone in NYC . . .

Seems to me that most recruits mention Dino as a place they visit when they are on an official here. Of course their wings can't compare to those served at the ESPN zone in NYC . . .

ESPN Zone went out of business a couple of years ago.

I don't know many people that go to Dino for wings, anyway. (Unless I'm missing out on something.)

With all the expansion that brand has been doing in the NYC Metro area, it's not going to be as much a novelty as before with kids from the Tri-State area.

ESPN Zone went out of business a couple of years ago.

I went there in 2010, place was amazing. Took everything the girlfriend could do to get me out of there

Let's not start another thread about food! I am too hungry and just getting over the Hoffman's thread!

Nah, the wings thing was a joke. Rutgers used to bring their recruits to the ESPN Zone. It's just off campus . . . .

There are so many better places for wings in NYC rather than an ESPN Zone. Was that your first time having wings? :p

There are so many better places for wings in NYC rather than an ESPN Zone. Was that your first time having wings? :p
Uh . . . well . . . . never mind . . . .