Dion's new attitude | Syracusefan.com

Dion's new attitude

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
If he is being sincere, it's music to these ears.

From the Waters piece in the daily articles:

"It's not about me this year," he said. "Last year, I put myself before the team. I was selfish."

Let's hope all members of this team ascribe to that mantra, if so 2011-2012 can be very special.

...ditto...unfortunately, at MM he jumped the gun a bit on winning the slam dunk contest...he was puffing before the second attempt by competitor missed...I want him to be as good as he is...just not completely focus on his status his needs...hopefully he will get there for his sake and the teams (no I in team but there is a me)

Didn't Triche win the dunk contest last year? why wasn't he in it this year? I woulda liked to see the whole team go out there if even for one dunk

Im in 'wait-and-see' mode. Last year, he thought he could/would start which was shocking to me with Triche and Scoop already ahead of him. He is in the same situation this year so Im hoping he has accepted his role of coming off the bench and being a KJo type of sixth man from the last sweet 16 team. He showed some serious talent when the team needed a go-to guy after Triche got hurt in the second round game last year. Defense is still iffy and his points seem to come off of isolation plays in which he just breaks down his defender and goes to the hoop (kind of in the mold of Devo). I dont really recall him creating plays for others and he needs to learn how to do that which is def an adjustment considering he's been 'the man' on every team he has been part of.

...ditto...unfortunately, at MM he jumped the gun a bit on winning the slam dunk contest...he was puffing before the second attempt by competitor missed...I want him to be as good as he is...just not completely focus on his status his needs...hopefully he will get there for his sake and the teams (no I in team but there is a me)
They announced just before the finals with James & Dion that there would only be one attempt so Dion was not guilty of premature celebration. Southerland attempted another dunk but the contest was already over.

Last year Dion showed some, obviously, very postive offensive skills both in driving to the basket, shooting from the perimeter, and passing off. Especially early in the season some of his dish offs were spectacular IMO.I believe where Dion came up very short, and got him into the most trouble with JB was on defense and trying to take the ball to the hoop when he should have dished off. His attitude was obviously troublesome and his conflict with BT was problematic.

He comes back with a team-first attitude and has at least resolved some of his difficulties with BT and you have a kid who can be very, very special and will easily take over the controls of the team next year.

Agree with everyone 100%.

Its all about team ball at Syracuse. Let the coahces call the plays and decide the best options to attack the defense.

Sometimes you get a guy who feels like he can take on the world but its not the best possibly option in that situation. Other times that guy drains 5 threes in the first half of a championship game and his teamate the game before puts up 30 plus points in the final four.

It would be selfish for the best scorer to not want the ball come crunch time. I can see the unselfishness being there but the patience has to be to Dion.

Im in 'wait-and-see' mode. Last year, he thought he could/would start which was shocking to me with Triche and Scoop already ahead of him. He is in the same situation this year so Im hoping he has accepted his role of coming off the bench and being a KJo type of sixth man from the last sweet 16 team. He showed some serious talent when the team needed a go-to guy after Triche got hurt in the second round game last year. Defense is still iffy and his points seem to come off of isolation plays in which he just breaks down his defender and goes to the hoop (kind of in the mold of Devo). I dont really recall him creating plays for others and he needs to learn how to do that which is def an adjustment considering he's been 'the man' on every team he has been part of.

I actually think passing is an underrated part of his game, and hopefully he will prove me right this year

The answer is yes ... or they can at least sublimate the dominate part of the personalty for the betterment of the group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom