Disney World at 50 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Disney World at 50

Here now for a friends wedding. This place would be pretty cool if they cut the number of people in half.

I’m mostly watching sweaty, red faced tourists stare dead eyed into their phones while waiting in line and clinging to every little bit of shade available, desperately trying to convince themselves that this is fun and worth saving up 3 years vacation.

I’m mostly watching sweaty, red faced tourists stare dead eyed into their phones while waiting in line and clinging to every little bit of shade available, desperately trying to convince themselves that this is fun and worth saving up 3 years vacation.
That was me in July. But, I was feeling that on the inside and smiling on the outside. I couldn’t wait to get out of that tourist trap hell hole. I think they took Walt Disney’s vision and bastardized it in to a business designed to shed families of every last penny. These crowds are built on the previous generations fond memories and the desires of those generations to bring their children there and recreate their fond memories. Instead, they are losing the current generation, because they will only remember the long miserable lines in the sweltering heat.

That was me in July. But, I was feeling that on the inside and smiling on the outside. I couldn’t wait to get out of that tourist trap hell hole. I think they took Walt Disney’s vision and bastardized it in to a business designed to shed families of every last penny. These crowds are built on the previous generations fond memories and the desires of those generations to bring their children there and recreate their fond memories. Instead, they are losing the current generation, because they will only remember the long miserable lines in the sweltering heat.
The heat is deeply uncomfortable here in October. I can’t imagine July.

My wife likes this place and I get it, but I agreed to come once a decade and not complain. She can go with friends or family in between if she wants.

My family went when I was 11. I got sick, puked at Disney, and on the bus ride back as my dad brought me back to the cabin we stayed in. Spent the next two days in bed.

Screw that place.

I recovered enough to enjoy Universal Studios and MLB spring training later in the trip, so all was not lost.

Couple of 50+ dads have each had at least 3 drinks while in this line. If they eye hump this piece of jail bait any harder her marine looking dad is going to notice….

Couple of 50+ dads have each had at least 3 drinks while in this line. If they eye hump this piece of jail bait any harder her marine looking dad is going to notice….
We made it through the ride without anyone getting their face broken, but dad #1 is slurring his words, given the heat index, ima guess his day will be over soon.

I agree it is a hell hole but I know people who love it. My BIL goes at least twice per year for a week each time. My niece is 15 and has gone over 30 times (+ a couple of Disney cruises he got his parents to pay for). The BIL gushes over how great everything is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom