Class of 2020 - DL Akheem Mesidor (ON) Transferring from WVU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL Akheem Mesidor (ON) Transferring from WVU

Syracuse fans complaining? naaaah. Any public backlash (to something they didn't contribute to) is so far down the road anyways who cares and recruits are not going to care about it in the end. This is easy stuff and if I was HCDB I'd almost demand it. You bet your boy Schiano would. They need to produce a conceptual video of the inside, with the new bells and whistles. The scoreboard the off/on lighting and visual effects of what it might look like running out of the tunnel would be sweet.

The video board by the way is still going to be 4 sides. And big enough that it doesn't have to move. Sala won't put a number on it but said it'll be over the seating for basketball. That's big considering the bleachers as configured now run from the 30 yd line to the 45 yd line.
Yeah, perfect case in point. I wouldn’t want to render that. It is clearly not thought through yet. Lack of design team screams lack of design. I don’t bet they have much of anything figured out and will solve problems as the get to them.

*edit: nice touch with “my boy Schiano”.

[
We’ve got the rendering of the outside of the Dome and the Syracuse skyline. I think it looks ugly and I probably would leave it out of any recruiting pitch because it looks ridiculous in my opinion. I’m hoping the updated lighting, sound system and I’m praying for orange seating/stands will make up for the outside.
That isn't an architectural rendering.

[

That isn't an architectural rendering.

What would you call those images released by SU showing how the Dome will look when it’s complete then? Did some art student just take a stab at what it would look like? Are we or are we not getting the roller coaster on the new roof?

What would you call those images released by SU showing how the Dome will look when it’s complete then? Did some art student just take a stab at what it would look like? Are we or are we not getting the roller coaster on the new roof?

This isn't an architectural rendering.
carrier-dome-roofjpg-62636737b127b4a9.jpg
dome-exterior.jpg

And neither is this.

Last edited:
So on the top, that’s not going to be the new kids play area?

Last edited:
Thank you!!!! Why are there no drawings of what the Dome will look like. We should be selling the $#it out of the New Dome.
Kids don't eat, sleep and live in the Dome. They see it and play in it 6x a year, its irrelevant.

WVU's facilities and living quarters for players are already ahead of ours and they are spending like 116 million on upgrades.

And they still feel like they will be behind all other Big12 schools.

SU lost one kid to WV. There is no need to panic and force something because of that. I understand that we all want something shiny and new...exciting and unique so let's give them some time and let's see what they come up with once the Dome is finished.

What is the difference between these and an architectural rendering. From the 30 second of google searching these fit the definition. If it’s on the Internet it must be true.
I’ll find you something Money. Just not likely today.

Kids don't eat, sleep and live in the Dome. They see it and play in it 6x a year, its irrelevant.

WVU's facilities and living quarters for players are already ahead of ours and they are spending like 116 million on upgrades.

And they still feel like they will be behind all other Big12 schools.

It's not irrelevant. Kids I'm around, first thing out of their mouths when they walk into a nice stadium is 'wow this is a nice' ...if it's a so so stadium they don't say anything. Trust me they notice when the place they're going to play is nice. And it's different strokes for different folks ...recent prospect day I was at, one kid loved the campus and the other kid hated it.

It's not irrelevant. Kids I'm around, first thing out of their mouths when they walk into a nice stadium is 'wow this is a nice' ...if it's a so so stadium they don't say anything. Trust me they notice when the place they're going to play is nice. And it's different strokes for different folks ...recent prospect day I was at, one kid loved the campus and the other kid hated it.
Ok, we must be all set then, the new roof will give us a recruiting edge and all will be well and we can expect top 30 classes going forward.

Thanks, cant wait.

I will bet you anything that the new roof does almost nothing for recruiting.

When they spend 130 mil on a new football facility and shiny new living quarters for athletes, THAT will make a difference.

Fans place too much value in what they think sways recruits. You could make a list and so far, none of the things have made any difference almost at all.

Offensive guru, halftime speeches, beating Clemson, telling people we play fast, breaking school offensive records (individually/team), 10 win season, opportunity for playing time, Ohana, and on and on.

There is far more to a players decision than most of us probably even consider and all these players make decisions for very different reasons. Sometimes the reasoning doesn’t match up to where they end up going, from a fans perspective.

At the end of the day where the players are going to spend most of their time, living/practice space will have as much or more of an impact than beating Clemson and a cool tag line on Twitter.

Fans place too much value in what they think sways recruits. You could make a list and so far, none of the things have made any difference almost at all.

Offensive guru, halftime speeches, beating Clemson, telling people we play fast, breaking school offensive records (individually/team), 10 win season, opportunity for playing time, Ohana, and on and on.

There is far more to a players decision than most of us probably even consider and all these players make decisions for very different reasons. Sometimes the reasoning doesn’t match up to where they end up going, from a fans perspective.

At the end of the day where the players are going to spend most of their time, living/practice space will have as much or more of an impact than beating Clemson and a cool tag line on Twitter.
Could also be as simple as who has the best bag men, and basically, how many cats you putting in the league?

Top prospects want to go where they will get put in the best spot to get drafted. If you are a school putting 3+ kids in the league every year, then it's an easy sell to other top kids to come and take that shot.

We will get better prospects as soon as we put together a strong of drafts with a couple kids selected in the first 4-5 rounds.

Could also be as simple as who has the best bag men, and basically, how many cats you putting in the league?

Top prospects want to go where they will get put in the best spot to get drafted. If you are a school putting 3+ kids in the league every year, then it's an easy sell to other top kids to come and take that shot.

We will get better prospects as soon as we put together a strong of drafts with a couple kids selected in the first 4-5 rounds.

I don’t disagree with this either. It’ll be interesting if we see an uptick in drafted players if that helps with recruiting to some degree. Our recent history is really not good, I wonder how much impact that is making right now

Saw this kid entered the portal today. Would love to get back involved with him.

Would be outstanding to land Goode and a kid like this.

Defense would be LOADED if we could just find some ready to plug-and-play help at DL, to supplement the intriguing young nucleus of talent we already have at the position.

70 total tackles and 9.5 sacks at WVU in his 2 years there. 6-2 270-275. Would be a nice add for us. Similar body type to Roscoe.
This would be totally awesome and is exactly the type of player that we need! He'd do great things in our defense and we obviously have a need for a guy with his measurables and skillset. We have to have a shot here right? Unless he's leaving WVU just because he wants to go to a real big time program. Doesn't sound like opportunity was lacking at WVU for him.

Well in looking at the WVU stats i'm guessing he was not happy about the defensive situation this past season as the entire team only had 2 sacks in 2021. How is that possible?

EDIT: Nevermind. See post 203 for correct WVU stats for 2021. The website I used was wrong.

1648749395045.png

Attachments

• 1648753749416.png
    1648753749416.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Well in looking at the WVU stats i'm guessing he was not happy about the defensive situation this past season as the entire team only had 2 sacks in 2021. How is that possible?

EDIT: FYI stats on the left are for the season and stats on the right are for their career.

View attachment 216129
And WVU only had 6 TFL on the season?!? How in the world did they even win 6 games? That had to be the most conservative defensive scheme ever. Every DL and LB to hold their ground and react every play without ever rushing?!? What am i missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom