Class of 2021 - DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jaelin Moss (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/30/20)

To those who know NYS recruiting well...how does Jaelin Moss compare to Jarron Jones?

Really happy to see the staff recruiting upstate NY like this. We have a lot of raw athletes like Jaelin that might not be ready to go as a true frosh, but are tough and hard working blue collar types that will get the job done over time.

Yep, exactly the type of kid that will need a year or two but has all the physical tools that you like to see at the position.

SU players from Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, Binghamton and Syracuse are special, if only for the fanbase, family and the player. Their playing time is and should always be merit based, but there is a connectivity with the fans and the program (long term) that can be of benefit. I hope the talent in NYS continues to rise and that some of the local kids, like Jaelin, give SU a serious look to playing at "home."

I also hope that collectively, local coaches understand this and put aside their own biases, which I sense (from afar) too often come into play. I always wonder why so many local coaches are happy to arrange for their kids to play FBS and D3 at Cornell, Ithaca, Albany, Hobart, Buff State, Colgate, but if a P5 caliber student-athlete comes along, he is directed toward the B10 or down south.

Obviously, I am painting with a broad brush here, which is not fair, but just an observational theme gained over the last 20-25 years. And yes, some of this blame is on the SU football program and its head coaches. But let's remember, SU football is P5. It's all right here.

Very excited to see Jaelin play in the coming years. Welcome!

Very important to land your in state recruits. It's unfortunate with the current situation that many of these talented young men won't be able to show out at camps. Young Mr. Moss is a very good get from a very solid Rochester program. Congratulations Mr. Moss on your choice of Syracuse University Football. Sign your NLI in December and be ready to go when you arrive. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

Very important to land your in state recruits. It's unfortunate with the current situation that many of these talented young men won't be able to show out at camps. Young Mr. Moss is a very good get from a very solid Rochester program. Congratulations Mr. Moss on your choice of Syracuse University Football. Sign your NLI in December and be ready to go when you arrive. Go Orange!!!
Very impressive film for a kid his size. Great fast twitch getting off the snap.

Let's hope we can hold onto him when the PSU's of the world come calling...and if there is a HS season this fall, IMO, they will come calling.

Last edited:
With a little S&C he can grow into... Wait, he's already got DT size?!

Love this pickup, absolutely a kid that you take a chance on. Raw but the talent is there. Coach him up and he'll be in the rotation for sure. DTs don't grow on trees, especially local ones.

Jaelin, welcome to the Cuse football family!!!

GoOrangefootballTINNI0QQNhAM.gif

With a little S&C he can grow into... Wait, he's already got DT size?!

Love this pickup, absolutely a kid that you take a chance on. Raw but the talent is there. Coach him up and he'll be in the rotation for sure. DTs don't grow on trees, especially local ones.

THIS!! I AM PUMPED. Year in and year out we take D-ends with big frames that we end up flipping into DT’s, which... has worked, with varying degrees of success. HOWEVER, year in and year out I sit here thinking “Jesus, can we grab a few kids that are, naturally, interior lineman.” Finally, we have 2 and I am pumped. I love DTs. Love them. Im very happy right now.

I watched this cat’s video earlier yesterday. I’m guessing he has not made it to a lot of eval camps, because he’s going to end up a three star player.

Good size for a high school DT. Will end up playing a 0 on the 3-3-5 DL. Quick assessment - gets off the ball FAST. Shows good hands as well. He straight up bullied some centers in his film. Showed a good swim move, a spin move, and really good hips. Improved strength and conditioning, he’s going to end up 300 plus and a really great piece in the middle. Really excited that he’s a local kid too. We need a good rochester player to make some noise and get us in on the talented kids that come out of there.

Great find by the staff
I feel the same way as you. I will also add that he plays rugby and that has made a big impact on his football ability too. He will work hard and get better at SU.