Class of 2021 - DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Jared Verse (PA) Transferring from Albany to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard this story from my cousin, who lives in Tallahassee and is a huge FSU fan. Verse was supposedly a very under the radar player until he went to Albany State. Verse is now a big FSU star. Anyways, the story is that FSU only got onto Verse after we sent them the tape of our game against Albany State.

His family supposedly lives just south of Syracuse.

How did we miss out on this kid ?????

We should have been all over him after that game if he played so well that a football factory school would have pursued him based upon tape from that game.
Something seems weird about that story. Why would we send footage of anyone to FSU? Our staff was all over him and wanted him. He just chose them over us.

Just heard this story from my cousin, who lives in Tallahassee and is a huge FSU fan. Verse was supposedly a very under the radar player until he went to Albany State. Verse is now a big FSU star. Anyways, the story is that FSU only got onto Verse after we sent them the tape of our game against Albany State.

We should have been all over him after that game if he played so well that a football factory school would have pursued him based upon tape from that game.

FSU bag > SU bag

Game film, they send to us, just the usual things teams do.

Yeah, and even if they didn't, they could find the game on espn replay and see how much he stuck out.

The kid got offers from everyone. Each day someone new.

Just one of those kids who flew under the radar in high school (like Mike Williams, but thankfully Hopkins alerted us to him).

Something seems weird about that story. Why would we send footage of anyone to FSU? Our staff was all over him and wanted him. He just chose them over us.
Game tapes are always sent to the other team.

Game tapes are always sent to the other team.
Oh, I see what you're saying. I read it like we did them a favor by sending them tape on him. You're talking about the stuff both teams send each to prep for their game. Got it.

Last edited:

This story isn’t fully accurate.

They found out about Verse when they weee studying film for their game against us. They saw how he chased down Sean Tucker and went from there.

We literally pulled out all the stops to try and get this kid. My source is Tony White.

We were the first to offer, the first to visit and Tony went multiple times to Albany after he entered the portal.

White and Verse had a great relationship but Verse chose FSU over us because he felt he had a better chance to win a National Championship there and he felt he would be drafted easier there.

Some battles you can’t win, we tried, everything possible

They found out about Verse when they weee studying film for their game against us. They saw how he chased down Sean Tucker and went from there.

We literally pulled out all the stops to try and get this kid. My source is Tony White.

We were the first to offer, the first to visit and Tony went multiple times to Albany after he entered the portal.

White and Verse had a great relationship but Verse chose FSU over us because he felt he had a better chance to win a National Championship there and he felt he would be drafted easier there.

So he hasn’t watched FSU lately… I would argue that Syracuse and FSU have the same chance to win a NC over the next 3 years (0)

I would love to beat them on Saturday night.

don't think we are going to win this weekend, but man would it be awesome. Having a pretty healthy GS back is our shot, otherwise we are probably toast. As far as Verse, it was clear the moment the game ended last year that Dino was already working the kid, the staff didn't drop the ball one bit with him, we offered him first, he had so many offers and chose a bigger program, unfortunately

no real reason to expect FSU to have any chance to win a Nat Title.. He can leave after this year if he wants anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom