Class of 2022 - DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DL Kevin Jobity (NY) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/2/22)

History of success in the NFL for players from small NY High Schools ;

New York High Schools​

781 players in 365 schools

New York High Schools​

High SchoolHS CityHS StatePeopleActive
Erasmus HallBrooklynNY131
White PlainsWhite PlainsNY110
Milford AcademyNew BerlinNY114
TonawandaTonawandaNY110
Central IslipCentral IslipNY90
New RochelleNew RochelleNY91
BoysBrooklynNY80
St. Joseph's Collegiate InstituteTonawandaNY81
BaysideBaysideNY80
CanisiusBuffaloNY72
Manlius Military AcademyManliusNY70
Spring ValleySpring ValleyNY70
Orchard ParkOrchard ParkNY70
ChaminadeMineolaNY71
New UtrechtBrooklynNY70
Masten ParkBuffaloNY70
Union EndicottEndicottNY71
Samuel J. TildenBrooklynNY60
EastRochesterNY60
Christian Brothers AcademySyracuseNY61
And Milford Academy isn't a high school. It's a post-grad prep school that plays community colleges, 4 year school JV programs, and other post-high school preps.

And Milford Academy isn't a high school. It's a post-grad prep school that plays community colleges, 4 year school JV programs, and other post-high school preps.
Thank you for your feedback!

I like guys that are just athletic freaks. Playing lacrosse and having played TE tells me he’s an athlete. I’m in now way comparing him to Chandler but he was an absolute freak athlete beyond just turning in to a beast FB player. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn’t. But you can’t teach raw athleticism.

I like guys that are just athletic freaks. Playing lacrosse and having played TE tells me he’s an athlete. I’m in now way comparing him to Chandler but he was an absolute freak athlete beyond just turning in to a beast FB player. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn’t. But you can’t teach raw athleticism.
If you're going to take a flyer, this is the kind of prospect to take a flyer on. Bromley was the same, big bodied freak type athlete.

If you're going to take a flyer, this is the kind of prospect to take a flyer on. Bromley was the same, big bodied freak type athlete.
But this will bring down our recruiting class ranking, right? That’s a big deal, right?

The only thing that concerns me is if he's bought in to the commitment of a P5 athlete. l only ask because he's kinda new to football.

J
The only thing that concerns me is if he's bought in to the commitment of a P5 athlete. l only ask because he's kinda new to football.
His dad played basketball at Niagara and averaged in double figures in scoring for 3 seasons. I think having a father who was a key player for a high level college program have given Jobity good insights into what is needed to play college sports.

I like taking players whose father or mother played college sports. It seems to me they tend to be more successful, all other things being equal.

J

His dad played basketball at Niagara and averaged in double figures in scoring for 3 seasons. I think having a father who was a key player for a high level college program have given Jobity good insights into what is needed to play college sports.

I like taking players whose father or mother played college sports. It seems to me they tend to be more successful, all other things being equal.

It’s definitely in their blood when they’ve had people directly related to them play high level athletics

Always willing to take a flyer on NY State kids. Sometimes you get a Bromley type. But it's also great for maintaining relationships with high schools in state too.
Yep, I have said it before. More attention from other HS players and coaches, fans and area media can't hurt for future recruits and even attendance,

Okay, so he's new to the game. But he's 6-5 and 255 pounds as a high school senior, and a multi-sports participant who has been described as "athletic" for his size. He's also got good blood lines, with his dad being a former college player.

Seems as though he's got the requisite size / athleticism to play D1 football. The tools are there.

Given that he's only played 1 year of organized football, and in a non-hotbed [WNY], it's hard to know what his skill level is, whether he's got any technique, etc. Safe to assume, probably at the beginning stages of his learning curve, as a newcomer to the game.

Seems to me like this guy would project as a DT. He's got the height / frame to add bulk. And if he's an athlete, then he won't sacrifice mobility and lateral quickness.

Sounds like a good gamble, based upon athleticism. Doesn't mean he'll pan out.

Always willing to take a flyer on NY State kids. Sometimes you get a Bromley type. But it's also great for maintaining relationships with high schools in state too.
I haven't researched this but off the top of my head, we have not taken a player from NYS west of Rochester since Dino took over.

I would say the Greater Buffalo area probably produces more P5 level players than any region of the state, other than NYC metro.

We need to do better here. Getting our foot in the door with Kevin is a start. There are some really nice players from WNY coming in the next couple of years. Hoping we can get our share.