Do we have any NBA draft picks | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Do we have any NBA draft picks

Rautins always had lateral quickness & Nichols has athleticism for his size as well as an ability to shoot at his position.

Buddy is a very good player and could be a tremendous college player. His body and the way he moves are not NBA material.
Andy was not an NBA athlete his first year either.

He has no lateral quickness, very little handle and plays no defense. And I love Buddy. Going to be a great college player.

To say he’s a long shot is grossly overrating him. And mentioning him before half the roster is also not accurate.

Braswell may have a better shot to be drafted than Buddy, if we want to be completely honest. And I think there’s a greater than zero chance that Braswell doesn’t see significant minutes in his SU career.

Just because you aren’t an NBA prospect doesn’t mean you aren’t good.
Good grief.

Buddy might have been our best player in our press. He got a lot of steals and deflections and showed excellent range.

He was above average defensively as a frosh and is the most advanced shooter we have had in the program since GMac.

If you don’t understand basketball or don’t have the time to watch games check out his stats.

Good grief.

Buddy might have been our best player in our press. He got a lot of steals and deflections and showed excellent range.

He was above average defensively as a frosh and is the most advanced shooter we have had in the program since GMac.

If you don’t understand basketball or don’t have the time to watch games check out his stats.

Hes sort of the only sure thing for next year. Can rely on him for 3 and D.

Rest of the roster is in flux. Eli and Marek are good players but I'm not sure Eli is suited to taking on a bigger role with Tyus and Oshae leaving and I'd assume Marek remains essentially the same player and spends a lot of time at the 5 as opposed to taking a step forward and developing as a shooter/facilitator. PG huge question mark. Most of this board expects Guerrier to be the star from day 1 which isn't really reasonable even if it ends up being accurate.

Good grief.

I am looking at Buddy as an NBA prospect, not a college player. I have already stated Buddy is a good college player already and could be a great one.

That is independent of NBA potential. You didn’t state your thoughts on his NBA potential? I don’t mean to be a jerk but I really don’t understand how Brissett and Battle both didn’t get drafted, yet Buddy is even mentioned as possibly being an NBA guy down the road? Sorry, but I don’t see it. Will root like heck for him, of course, as I do all SU players.

Longshot Buddy.
gerry wasn't drafted. devo wasn't drafted. cooney wasn't drafted. he's not even close there yet. time is on his side.but we need to see a huge upswing. fingers crossed.

gerry wasn't drafted. devo wasn't drafted. cooney wasn't drafted. he's not even close there yet. time is on his side.but we need to see a huge upswing. fingers crossed.

He’s got time on his side but he also has the height the others, especially gmac, didn’t.

He’s got time on his side but he also has the height the others, especially gmac, didn’t.
draft pick really ? well rautins played 5 pro games. he was 6 ft 4. and buddy ain't near him yet. and i'd bet devo still kicks his butt one on one. no tyus and kyle guy late second round. truly i think some people are just buying the brand or label.i hope he stays 4 years and leads us to some league titles. but as far as the draft goes i don't see it.

Last edited:
draft pick really ? well rautins played 5 pro games. he was 6 ft 4. and buddy ain't near him yet. and i'd bet devo still kicks his butt one on one. no tyus and kyle guy late second round. truly i think some people are just buying the brand or label.i hope he stays 4 years and leads us to some league titles. but as far as the draft goes i don't see it.

A few of you missed a key word. “Longshot”. Some of you need to read better and also realize you’re talking about a freshman.

A few of you missed a key word. “Longshot”. Some of you need to read better and also realize you’re talking about a freshman.

I read just fine. You mentioned 3 guys and one didn’t belong.

I read just fine. You mentioned 3 guys and one didn’t belong.

Yes, the one with the word longshot.

I am looking at Buddy as an NBA prospect, not a college player. I have already stated Buddy is a good college player already and could be a great one.

That is independent of NBA potential. You didn’t state your thoughts on his NBA potential? I don’t mean to be a jerk but I really don’t understand how Brissett and Battle both didn’t get drafted, yet Buddy is even mentioned as possibly being an NBA guy down the road? Sorry, but I don’t see it. Will root like heck for him, of course, as I do all SU players.
Mainly because Buddy, today, is a better shooter than either one of them will ever be.

Mainly because Buddy, today, is a better shooter than either one of them will ever be.

And in almost every other phase, Battle is better. And was better as a freshman. Yet he wasn’t drafted.

What a weird hill to die on.

Who is on a hill? It’s an argument and an opinion. Is the world not full of opposing views? It’s what makes it great and interesting.

Who is on a hill? It’s an argument and an opinion. Is the world not full of opposing views? It’s what makes it great and interesting.

I do agree that watching people dig in on their silly and bad takes is great.

Hes sort of the only sure thing for next year. Can rely on him for 3 and D.

Rest of the roster is in flux. Eli and Marek are good players but I'm not sure Eli is suited to taking on a bigger role with Tyus and Oshae leaving and I'd assume Marek remains essentially the same player and spends a lot of time at the 5 as opposed to taking a step forward and developing as a shooter/facilitator. PG huge question mark. Most of this board expects Guerrier to be the star from day 1 which isn't really reasonable even if it ends up being accurate.

I’m not worried about Eli in the least. If he remains the same, he’s what...15 and 5? Nothing wrong with that at all.

Marek is the ultimate role player. If he never progressed beyond that, fine. If he does...even better.

Those two and Buddy are LOCKS to Help the team. The season rests on Carey/Girard/Goodine/Sidibe/Edwards/Akok...needone guard and one big to be solid. And also Guerrier. He needs to be freshman Oshea at the least.

I didn’t mention Buddy as an NBA prospect. I made no comments on that. I will hold off passing judgement on that until I have seen him develop over the next couple of years.

I took umbrage with some of your statements regarding Buddy and his game. I have no problem with you saying Buddy will never play in the NBA, Just think you can substantiate that better than making some over the top statements with no basis in fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom