Do we shuffle the deck on the OL? | Syracusefan.com

Do we shuffle the deck on the OL?

Dcuse

All Conference
I’m ecstatic with the escape last night but they were absolutely abysmal. Tucker is staring at a team photo of the opponent as soon as he takes a handoff constantly now. Davis has been looking out of position, Vettorello has kind of been what we’ve feared, neither guard is getting to the second level and the Max Mang experiment needs to end as he was DESTROYED last night.
There’s my whine for the day.

For someone in the know (Money perhaps), is Anae using different blocking schemes versus what was used last year? I wonder if that is also part of the issue. Even though PFF rates things a certain way, I still think Vet is having an issue creating push.

I’m ecstatic with the escape last night but they were absolutely abysmal. Tucker is staring at a team photo of the opponent as soon as he takes a handoff constantly now. Davis has been looking out of position, Vettorello has kind of been what we’ve feared, neither guard is getting to the second level and the Max Mang experiment needs to end as he was DESTROYED last night.
There’s my whine for the day.
Well, Dino used the phrase "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" in his post-game press conference. Let's hope he means it.

The Veterello at center thing has to end. Davis is too slow to play tackle. Need to try something else or they'll fit the definition of insanity.

Well, Dino used the phrase "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" in his post-game press conference. Let's hope he means it
Well, that is a premise of quantum physics. But, I don't expect 3d chess players to know that.

Max Mang looks like a guy who played two years of American football in HS...in Germany.
Yes he does. And he is being exposed. That’s on the staff for not getting a tight end in the portal. Can’t count on Elmore with his health issues either. Maybe if Hoeh practiced as the backup he would have been more prepared. There are a lot of good things going on but run blocking isn’t one of them. Unfortunately lack of a blocking TE/H-back is a big reason why.

Well, Dino used the phrase "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" in his post-game press conference. Let's hope he means it.

The Veterello at center thing has to end. Davis is too slow to play tackle. Need to try something else or they'll fit the definition of insanity.
The other thing still has to be better than what you have.

The other thing still has to be better than what you have.
I get that entirely. But, sometimes I think coaches play older players simply because "they have to be better, no? After all, they've been in the program longer." Time to try some of those younger OL against Wagner and see what you got.

I get that entirely. But, sometimes I think coaches play older players simply because "they have to be better, no? After all, they've been in the program longer." Time to try some of those younger OL against Wagner and see what you got.
They evaluate players every day mentally and physically. If players are stepping up then it would show. They played younger players before. Why wouldnt they play others who step up?

When the center breaks down you can forget having a solid line. It all starts at the point
Of course but someone else needs to be better than him. If they can’t beat out Vett than they are not the answer either.

Interested if they try some different combinations with the 1's next week.

It's a glorified scrimmage and would have our bye week to implement the changes if they decided to make one...

Of course but someone else needs to be better than him. If they can’t beat out Vett than they are not the answer either.
Agreed but they need a chance. Tucker was third or fourth string.

Agreed but they need a chance. Tucker was third or fourth string.
cherry pickin. They have played many guys early. There has been many players that moved up the depth charts fast. The staff tried many different OL combinations. The current line up graded out the best. Hopefully they get better or someone emerge but this players not getting chances is comical. They get chances every day. Show something if you want to play. I don’t hear that being said for other positions. Ellis and Berg took advantage early in their careers. Cruz and Cruz moved up the depth chart fast. Now the staff and the OL coach that people adored don’t give players chances?

Last edited:
Money don’t u think vet was better at rt than center last year. I do. He graded better. Iloa I thought did well run blocking last year. Seamed more comfortable hiking also.

Money don’t u think vet was better at rt than center last year. I do. He graded better. Iloa I thought did well run blocking last year. Seamed more comfortable hiking also.
I liked him more at OT but what he graded there doesn’t matter. What matters is how well they perform as a unit. Guys needed to step up at center and they haven’t. Multiple players were tried there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom