Do you think Ennis could jump after this year in a Kyrie Irving fashion... | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Ennis could jump after this year in a Kyrie Irving fashion...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
NBA scouts had to know Irving lacked the defense, and still grabbed him as the number one pick despite missing half a season like Noel did.

Ennis is really really good right now. Thankfully I think he understands that another year could help him develop his defense, find a 3rd gear, and aid his jumpshot. Of course it helps to have scorers like Fair, Cooney and Grant around you making you look good.

Do you think he would have a rough time as a rookie if he did jump?

Last edited:
He is not ready physically, but if he keeps this up he could jump.

I had a very brief conversation with my NBA scout friend who called me when he was in Maui. I specifically asked him about Ennis, this was before the championship game. He said that Ennis did not look that athletic to him. If Ennis is not looking that athletic to NBA scouts, IMHO, he will probably need come back for at least his soph season to work on strength since you can't teach athleticism. I will post more after the next time I am able to have a more in depth conversation with my friend.

NO! And please stop posting stuff like this!!!!!Oh Lord;)

Hes plenty athletic enough. He's gone after this year. Would you you say that Steve Nash is a better athlete? Need to get over this not athletic enough bs pretty quickly. Any one that says he isn't a good athlete is a blind man.

He has this quality that NBA teams look for it's called a fantastic skill set. If he keeps playing like this he's a lottery pick. Many if you don't like to deal with reality.

Last edited:
MCW was too skinny to make it in the NBA.

Difference between Irving and Ennis is that Irving is a world class athlete and potentially elite scorer. That's why he was the top pick as a freshman.

Hes plenty athletic enough. He's gone after this year. Would you you say that Steve Nash is a better athlete? Need to get over this not athletic enough bs pretty quickly. Any one that says he isn't a good athlete is a blind man.

He has this quality that NBA teams look for it's called a fantastic skill set. If he keeps playing like this he's a lottery pick. Many if you don't like to deal with reality.
I don't know, he wouldn't play much next yr in nba, he needs to get stronger. So if you are a gm why would you take him w the 20 th pick if he won't play and you could get him w the 20 th pick next yr...that's how I see it

Nash is FAR quicker than Ennis.

Nash is FAR quicker than Ennis.
That's actually funny. Tyler is just slow! He can't beat his man to the hoop. He doesn't have amazing point guard skills. He can't shoot either. Just like MCW wasn't the best player on the team his freshman year.

You guys just want him to be here more than one year. He likely isn't, just get over it. He's an incredible basketball player. That's simply fact. He really doesn't have a true weakness. He's gone after this year

That's actually funny. Tyler is just slow! He can't beat his man to the hoop. He doesn't have amazing point guard skills. He can't shoot either. Just like MCW wasn't the best player on the team his freshman year.

You guys just want him to be here more than one year. He likely isn't, just get over it. He's an incredible basketball player. That's simply fact. He really doesn't have a true weakness. He's gone after this year
You're reading a lot into my saying Nash is quicker. Nowhere did I say he's slow, had no point guard skills, etc. He simply isn't as quick as Steve Nash. If you think he is you're delusional.

Yea we've had this topic before and it was like 4 pages. It seemed like most people thought Tyler would be here 3 years.

Tyler is smooth, poised, and makes smart decisions. But nothing about him screams "NBA", at least not yet. He's not an athletic freak who will wow NBA scouts with his combine numbers. A good comparison I think is Kendall Marshall (not in his game obviously). He played his way into the lottery despite having some major weaknesses in his game, but he showed he was a pure PG who could distribute the ball. If Ennis is here for 2-3 years and proves he's a really good PG he'll have no problem getting drafted; but no matter what he does here he'll never be a top 10 pick.

You're reading a lot into my saying Nash is quicker. Nowhere did I say he's slow, had no point guard skills, etc. He simply isn't as quick as Steve Nash. If you think he is you're delusional.

Certainly Nash in his prime was extremely quick. Zero body fat, with eyes like a chameleon. And a better shooter than what he was given credit for - that added to his dangerousness. There is a big difference between fast and quick.

Ennis, at this point, is NOWHERE near the athlete that Steve Nash was, or even is. Nowhere. Sorry.