Does anyone else "Bleed Orange" with O negative blood | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone else "Bleed Orange" with O negative blood

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Kind of a strange letter to Bud regarding that bleeding orange means that you are addicted to competitive sports and it means you have O negative blood (this guy says 15% of people have it but others say only 7%) and something to do with UFO's. I don't quite get it, but I do have O negative blood and I know it's rare because I get phone calls from the Red Cross almost daily to donate my blood. Is there a common bond we all have? This is the first that I have heard of this.

Fab Melo deserves more respect in death; Syracuse basketball needs its bench (emails)

When "bleeding Orange" means that that one's horizons are limited to the dimensions of a hardwood floor, iron rim and inflated rubber ball; when "bleeding Orange" means that one's thinking is reduced to a perspective on life that measures worth solely in terms of wins and losses; when "bleeding Orange" means that one's calculating outlook so eclipses one's judgement as to deem the character of a recently-deceased, ex-player through the darkened lens of whether he enhanced or diminished the status of your hallowed sports program; in short, when "bleeding Orange" means that you are so addicted to competitive games and contests that your blood cells are repugnant, even to the taste of vampires, then consider yourself a dyed-in-the-wool sports fan (short for "fanatic').

What's more, according to UFO-ologists, your blood type is probably "O" negative, signifying that your DNA is lacking a vital protein found in the red blood cells of 85% of otherwise normal folk. That is, unlike the rest of us, "O" (for Orange) negative belongs to that 15% of the population who may be aliens -- as in, from outer space.

The remedy? An old-fashioned blood-letting sans tourniquet, followed by a thorough blood transfusion.

(Google "O-negative blood, bleeding orange, aliens" for more info).

-- Joe Masterleo; Jamesville, N.Y.

Kind of a strange letter to Bud regarding that bleeding orange means that you are addicted to competitive sports and it means you have O negative blood (this guy says 15% of people have it but others say only 7%) and something to do with UFO's. I don't quite get it, but I do have O negative blood and I know it's rare because I get phone calls from the Red Cross almost daily to donate my blood. Is there a common bond we all have? This is the first that I have heard of this.

Fab Melo deserves more respect in death; Syracuse basketball needs its bench (emails)

When "bleeding Orange" means that that one's horizons are limited to the dimensions of a hardwood floor, iron rim and inflated rubber ball; when "bleeding Orange" means that one's thinking is reduced to a perspective on life that measures worth solely in terms of wins and losses; when "bleeding Orange" means that one's calculating outlook so eclipses one's judgement as to deem the character of a recently-deceased, ex-player through the darkened lens of whether he enhanced or diminished the status of your hallowed sports program; in short, when "bleeding Orange" means that you are so addicted to competitive games and contests that your blood cells are repugnant, even to the taste of vampires, then consider yourself a dyed-in-the-wool sports fan (short for "fanatic').

What's more, according to UFO-ologists, your blood type is probably "O" negative, signifying that your DNA is lacking a vital protein found in the red blood cells of 85% of otherwise normal folk. That is, unlike the rest of us, "O" (for Orange) negative belongs to that 15% of the population who may be aliens -- as in, from outer space.

The remedy? An old-fashioned blood-letting sans tourniquet, followed by a thorough blood transfusion.

That guy writes to Bud every week and he rarely makes any sense- and that's if you can get some clue on what he is talking about in the first place.

O+ here. Donate 3 times a year. Power red.

That guy writes to Bud every week and he rarely makes any sense- and that's if you can get some clue on what he is talking about in the first place.
That's funny. It's probably the first time I read Bud's column, and probably the last. I have no clue what this guy was saying about O negative blood, but I thought it would totally bizarre if we all had it. Kind of a twilight zone kind of thing.
twilightzone.14283729_std.jpg

That's funny. It's probably the first time I read Bud's column, and probably the last. I have no clue what this guy was saying about O negative blood, but I thought it would totally bizarre if we all had it. Kind of a twilight zone kind of thing.
twilightzone.14283729_std.jpg

HA! Yeah the letters are the only thing I generally read because it's not Bud writing them. It seems like it's the same people every week. That guy who wrote your letter, the guy from SC who seems to think we are interested in hearing him brag about Clemson every week and a few others

My bleeding orange isn't limited to a hardwood floor. I bleed orange for everything related to SU: sports, academics, architecture, alumni, campus, the city, the history. And I guess I bleed green for ESF as well. Is that wrong?

HA! Yeah the letters are the only thing I generally read because it's not Bud writing them. It seems like it's the same people every week. That guy who wrote your letter, the guy from SC who seems to think we are interested in hearing him brag about Clemson every week and a few others

I've had my suspicions that some, like the Clemson fan, exist only as a Bud alter-ego, while others may be real people but have borderline psychological issues.

O Negative. Six percent are O Negative. The universal donor. Have probably given a couple of gallons. On the downside O Negatives can only receive O Negative. We are special special people.

My husband is O negative but like I just told him after I read the OP's post, I had always suspected something like this. :p

I'm O positive, guess it must be something like magnets. ;)

I think he's one of Bud's friends, which would make sense.

:crazy: