Does anyone think we will have some changes to the basketball program this offseason like we had with the football team after last year? | Syracusefan.com

Does anyone think we will have some changes to the basketball program this offseason like we had with the football team after last year?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Just wondering?
Does anyone think Wildhack can inject some financial support and help the basketball team?

Or should we expect the status quo. JB gets 1k next year. We schedule really soft and hope the ACC is soft again next year

Just wondering?
Does anyone think Wildhack can inject some financial support and help the basketball team?

Or should we expect the status quo. JB gets 1k next year. We schedule really soft and hope the ACC is soft again next year
No. Jim has won for his entire career. Dino had one winning season out of six. The program isn't going to change until Jim retires unless Jim decides to change things up. I'm very interested in seeing Jim coach post his kids. I truly believe that it completely skewed his roster management and in game decisions. Now that they guys have moved on i fully expect Jim to coach like he used to and to have better results. Buddy is a big loss Jimmy played his heart out, but he can be replaced. We need someone who can drive the ball and score from the guard position vs just catch and shoot or back your arse in and shoot ISO ball. If we get Mintz that is a huge help as he fills a major void. We also need one or two game ready forwards depending on what Cole decides. Obviously, this depends on Jesse returning which I expect he will.
Next years team is solid if Jesse comes back, Mintz is orange, Cole returns and Benny is back. Add a solid forward and we are back in the dance.
If Jesse was to leave, Cole move on, Mintz pick another school, and Benny bolt we are looking at the worst season of Jims career. Lots of ifs lets hope SU basketball has as solid an off season as the football program did.

Just wondering?

I don't think we see any changes until the school takes the program back.

Unless he sticks Jason Hart in there as Matt Painter Part 2 no.

Dino got a grizzled good OC and hotshot QB coach, which is what they need. Any sorta bagman assistant isn't coming here to sit under JB for a year then need another job.

Unless he sticks Jason Hart in there as Matt Painter Part 2 no.

Dino got a grizzled good OC and hotshot QB coach, which is what they need. Any sorta bagman assistant isn't coming here to sit under JB for a year then need another job.
Then these freshman better develop and be worth it.
As we won’t be able to recruit well next year.

Just wondering?

No.

Just wondering?

Would love to see some changes but I doubt they happen.
I thought staff changes should have been made after the 18-19 season where they got a 9 seed and lost to Baylor.

The problem is its gonna be hard to bring on an Assistant for a lame duck coach approaching retirement unless you gaurantee the HCIW title and then let that coach start bringing an assistant or 2 as I am sure Autry and Mac might not be happy with that development.

They could at least move on from Cabilles and try a new S&C coach

I don't see major changes from the coaching staff. Depending on what happens with the roster, if Cole comes back, we get Mintz, that will be it. I don't see Jesse going anywhere. However, if Benny bolts, Mintz goes elsewhere and Cole leaves, i think we hit the portal harder than any of us can imagine. It would be a crap shoot. We could end up very good or very bad or anywhere in between.

I don't see major changes from the coaching staff. Depending on what happens with the roster, if Cole comes back, we get Mintz, that will be it. I don't see Jesse going anywhere. However, if Benny bolts, Mintz goes elsewhere and Cole leaves, i think we hit the portal harder than any of us can imagine. It would be a crap shoot. We could end up very good or very bad or anywhere in between.
You think?

It would be dereliction of duty if we didn't.

Recruiting never sleeps.

It isn't optional, it isn't a part time activity, and it requires someone who is willing to pound the pavement, build relationships, and sell the heck out of the program.

Our coach has a HOF pedigree, but that only gets you so far. He's been scaling back for 10+ years.

Hop was supposed to take over program.
Boeheim reneged and remained as Coach as Buddy came in and later Jimmy.
He is a HOF coach and made Syracuse basketball relevant.
That being said he has received enough concessions.
Time to retire sir.

The fact this is likely true and a smaller portion of the fanbase thinks those speaking out are spoiled and defend the status quo is maddening.

Hope and change not more of the same.

I would love to see a reshaping of the staff like Dino. But if anyone thinks JB will be receptive to forced changes on his staff... well I disagree.
A. I'm not sure that helps if JB is not hitting the road and that guy isn't HCIW.
B. No assistant wants to come here to be part of a lame duck staff.

A. I'm not sure that helps if JB is not hitting the road and that guy isn't HCIW.
Very good points, especially #2.

We need someone who can drive the ball and score from the guard position vs just catch and shoot or back your arse in and shoot ISO ball. If we get Mintz that is a huge help as he fills a major void.
When I ask myself what one former player would best help SU this year, besides the obvious like Carmelo. I'd love to see Johnny Flynn on this team. Drive and dish!

I'm with everyone else. I don't see any changes in any fashion. Only variables at this point seem to be Jesse, Cole, Mintz, Benny and which combination of them are around to determine if we fight to stay around .500 on the low end or on the high end are a safe-ish bubble team.

No. Jim has won for his entire career. Dino had one winning season out of six. The program isn't going to change until Jim retires unless Jim decides to change things up. I'm very interested in seeing Jim coach post his kids. I truly believe that it completely skewed his roster management and in game decisions. Now that they guys have moved on i fully expect Jim to coach like he used to and to have better results. Buddy is a big loss Jimmy played his heart out, but he can be replaced. We need someone who can drive the ball and score from the guard position vs just catch and shoot or back your arse in and shoot ISO ball. If we get Mintz that is a huge help as he fills a major void. We also need one or two game ready forwards depending on what Cole decides. Obviously, this depends on Jesse returning which I expect he will.
Next years team is solid if Jesse comes back, Mintz is orange, Cole returns and Benny is back. Add a solid forward and we are back in the dance.
If Jesse was to leave, Cole move on, Mintz pick another school, and Benny bolt we are looking at the worst season of Jims career. Lots of ifs lets hope SU basketball has as solid an off season as the football program did.

Dead on here

However, Mintz is surely going to DePaul

I also wonder if any of our asssistants might be thinking of moving on. They still have many years of coaching in front of them. That might be a clue to the future if they aren't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom