Does this suggest Karma? | Syracusefan.com

Does this suggest Karma?

cto

Administrator
Look at these ACC standings.

Last Wednesday, we beat 4th place Louisville; on Tuesday, we beat 3rd place Notre Dame.

Continuing up the ACC standings, we play 2nd place Duke on Saturday... and 1st place UVA on Monday.

Is there a pattern emerging here?

ACC Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL
Virginia 14-1 26-1
Duke 12-3 25-3
Notre Dame 12-4 24-5
Louisville 10-5 22-6
North Carolina 9-6 19-9
Syracuse 9-6 18-10
Pittsburgh 8-7 19-10
Miami (FL) 8-7 18-10
NC State 8-7 17-11
Clemson 7-8 15-12
Florida St 7-9 15-14
Wake Forest 4-11 12-16
Georgia Tech 3-13 12-16
Virginia Tech 2-13 10-18
Boston College 1-14 9-18

Just think if we hadn't run out of gas against UNC and Duke and finished strong against UM? Oh, and hadn't gotten hosed against Pitt at home?

That's 4 more W's.
It's unreal that for how much we have all talked about this team and these players; the lack of PG, the no depth, Cooney, the inconsitency of the underclassmen, the subpar zone defense, etc...that we are a few minutes in a few games from being 23-5 overall and 13-2 in the ACC. It seems almost inconceivable. Rak and G have been studs, really hope they get all-ACC honors.

Lol the one season we are actually getting stronger late in the year we can't make the tournament.
Gotta think the expansion of the bench might have to do with the ban.....

Just think if we hadn't run out of gas against UNC and Duke and finished strong against UM? Oh, and hadn't gotten hosed against Pitt at home?

That's 4 more W's.

Don't forget the great defense (or as anyone who saw the game would call it the tackle of Trevor Cooney) Nova played to make that last steal! That's the one that still ticks me off!

We are on the up and up. We might have been the "cinderella" of the tournament. This is turning into a very nice finish of the season. I think we can take these two games. And if we don't it certainly is nice to have the belief that we could. It certainly has been fun.

It says alot about our program that this is arguably our least talented squad in 30 years and we will still finish in the top half of the ACC standings.

We have more talent now than any year 05-08.

Lol the one season we are actually getting stronger late in the year we can't make the tournament.
Kinda funny... we scheduled tough like Mich St... got beat a few times early... then came on strong...
One day soon we'll know what we actually did wrong. Boo.

We usually saved the best player or team threads until June.
Now we are doing it in February.:(

It's unreal that for how much we have all talked about this team and these players; the lack of PG, the no depth, Cooney, the inconsitency of the underclassmen, the subpar zone defense, etc...that we are a few minutes in a few games from being 23-5 overall and 13-2 in the ACC. It seems almost inconceivable. Rak and G have been studs, really hope they get all-ACC honors.
JB has done another year of great coaching to get this team to steadily improve, even though he's getting little credit for it.

CuseCrew08 said:
We are ineligible for the post season so JB decides to let the bench get some run and we actually get better?? I for one am SHOCKED!
I don't believe Patterson and Johnson playing more is because of the postseason ban.

I don't believe Patterson and Johnson playing more is because of the postseason ban.

It's because of injuries, foul issues and Joseph's slow development lets not kid ourselves.

Am I the only one who thinks Syracuse got cheated against Duke the first time around? Okafor fouled Rak and it was actually a very easy call to make. We were down by four points and it would have fouled Okafor out. Instead it lead to a no call turnover fast break in the other direction which extended the lead to 6 instead of dropping it to 2. There's about 6 or 7 different times this year where the refs decided the game down the stretch for Syracuse.

I'll disagree that if we hadn't disqualified ourselves from the postseason BJ would be playing the minutes (given the opportunity) that he has.

We are ineligible for the post season so JB decides to let the bench get some run and we actually get better?? I for one am SHOCKED!
JB has mostly been making the right moves and pushing the right buttons from Day #1 of the season - well before the post-season ban was a certainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom