Does UK fall out of the top 25? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does UK fall out of the top 25?

they should be moving up in the polls since they learned valuable lessons in the loss and will learn and grow from it.. and they don't have the pressure of the longest home win streak to distract them :-P

Kentucky has a major flaw at the most important position, PG. It looks like it will be an issue all season.

I said they would lose 7-9 games this year and was mocked - the only thing that saves them this year is how putrid the SEC is in hoops.

There's no way UK falls out of top 25. I say from 15-20. Heard Cal on post game this afternoon. Frustrated with how his players think they are better than they are. Will go back and teach them how to do better.

There's no way UK falls out of top 25. I say from 15-20. Heard Cal on post game this afternoon. Frustrated with how his players think they are better than they are. Will go back and teach them how to do better.

It wont do any good. They are just not that talented this year and cal knows it.

Cal wishes he had gotten Coleman instead of Noel at this moment.

I can't wait until they play Arkansas. Lets see them face that pressure defense with their PGs.

Was bound to happen. UK has had great luck with its run of freshman where almost each of the them the past few years have lived up to their billing. The biggest difference between last year and this year is that last years team had 3 returning players in Miller, Lamb and Jones. This years returning players are Wiltjer and Julius Mays and Jared Polson. The last 2 of which may have less experience than the freshman. The top 3 scorers and 4 of the top 6 are the freshman. The other big difference is this UK team has no PG. They may be the 7th or 8th best team in the4 Big East but in the SEC they'll win enough games to stay ranked most of the year.

Last year the pieces just fit together so well for Kentucky. MKG was a great team player and I think the rest of the team fed off of that and made them play much better than just a bunch of talented freshman. This year is more typical of what will happen when you get a bunch of talented freshman together. They will likely be better by the end of the year, but if no one emerges as a leader of that team, they will struggle most of the times but show glimpses of how well they could play in the future. Problem with that is, in order for Cal to sell his model to the top high school seniors, he has to have a great majority of his freshman leave after year one, whether they are ready or not.

This UK team is comparable to the 2011 version (not the 2010 or 2012 team). Its going to take time but they could hit their stride by the tourney and be a competitive 3/4 seed,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom